cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Station only plays thumbed up tracks

Nicka3232
Local Performer

I’ve had playlists for over 10 plus years that I have been adding songs to using the “thumbs up” function. Some had almost a thousand songs. Now each station only shows 100 songs that have been given a “thumbs up”. And that is all that is played. Anyone know what happened or how I can get back to listening to all songs that have been given a “thumbs up” for each playlist 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Nicka3232 Can you please send me a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Nicka3232
Local Performer

EDE58478-FD14-48AB-A0E8-3912A313716F.png

Here it shows the 100 songs that have been thumbed up. These are the only songs that play

0 Kudos

Nicka3232
Local Performer

9D43B68C-6EC6-4253-9CC5-CDC83F0F503D.png

 if I click the edit button I see the almost 1000 songs that I have given thumbs up to on this station for the past 10 years. But only the 100 plays.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Nicka3232 To clarify, does this only happen when streaming Pandora on your iPhone?

Are you able to reproduce this on a computer as well?

In the meantime, I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for iOS Devices

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Nicka3232
Local Performer

I opened pandora on my computer and it seems to be doing the same thing. Cycling through the same hundred songs that are showing on the app. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Nicka3232 Thanks for testing that out.

I have created a ticket with our engineering team so they can further investigate.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 

0 Kudos

Certified-Jake
Local Performer

I am experiencing the same issue. My station is only registering 100 of the roughly 200 songs a had previously liked and will only play those. For me, the problem started after I listened to the station on offline mode. Have any solutions been discovered since this forum was started a few years ago? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Certified-Jake It's true there can be a certain amount of repetition in some stations. Each listener has different tastes when it comes to hearing the familiar versus discovering new songs. Finding the right balance for each individual is something we continue to work on.

In the meantime, here are some things you can do to improve your stations:

1. Listen using Pandora Modes when listening from a computer or mobile device, you can access Pandora Modes to customize your station experience. You can pick different modes like Crowd Faves, Discovery and Deep Cuts.
  2. Put tracks on the shelf: If you get sick of a track but don't want to give it a Thumbs Down, you can put it on the shelf for a while. To do this from the web, hover your mouse over the album art and select "I'm tired of this track." Pandora Premium listeners should click the ellipsis (3 dots) next the album art to see that option.
  3. Edit your station: In some cases, it might actually help to remove Thumbs Up ratings in the station to mix things up.
  4. Add Variety: To add more variety to your artist or song based stations, you can select additional artist and/or song seeds. You can Add Variety when editing stations.

Running through these steps should increase the variety of the station pretty quickly during your listening sessions. 

Thanks for posting on the community!

0 Kudos

Certified-Jake
Local Performer

It appears that you misunderstood my problem. The station will exclusively play those 100 songs. I am fully aware of all of the solutions you provided for spicing up a station. This issue is not that my station lacks variety. It will only play those 100 songs when it used to play a much greater variety. 

0 Kudos