cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thumb ratings are suddenly missing

nottoday
Underground

While listening only to one station, which has thousands of thumbs up and down, I have recently noticed tracks play which I have given a thumbs up in the past but show no thumbs up now.  The songs are all from Pandora's library, I have not uploaded any material.  I also recently paid to upgrade again to Pandora Plus, it had expired for some days.  Not sure if the disappearing started when the paid subscription expired.  

I have read the other posts on disappearing thumbs up and don't believe the feature descriptions about shuffling between stations applies to my use case.  

Station: Peter's big messy station

Example track with disappearing thumbs up:  Helpless by Sugar from album Copper Blue

Labels (3)
150 Replies

Brandizzles
Local Performer

Getting the same issue of losing thumbs up pretty regularly for at least the last year. Is there a limit?

examples attached

Screenshot_20221122-101605_Pandora.jpg

0 Kudos

logain
Local Performer

I am also noticing having to give thumbs up to songs, that should have already been checked, today.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@logain The next time a track plays with the Thumbs Up rating not highlighted (when you know it was given a Thumbs Up to previously), please take a screenshot of what you are seeing and post that picture in a reply to this thread.

(Please note you won't be able to attach images via email - you will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments)

I can then pass that information along to our engineering team so they can take a closer look.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Music + Podcasts

0 Kudos

logain
Local Performer

After not seeing it for awhile, it finally happened again. 

Untitled.jpg

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

Thanks for following up, @logain.

Your feedback has now been added to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are lookin into this.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

caldella
Diamond in the Rough

Lament for a Frozen Flower has disappeared off my thumbs up list from Beneath the Starry Night radio. This is not the first time this one's lost its thumb.

Frozen FLower.jpg

0 Kudos

Brandizzles
Local Performer

Just had this issue again as I have the song collected and previously given thumbs up, but the thumbs up is no longer showing

0 Kudos

Brandizzles
Local Performer

Screenshot_20221129-120037_Gallery.jpg

 screenshot attached

0 Kudos

logain
Local Performer

Ran into another one today.

Screenshot 2022-11-30 074831.png

0 Kudos

MacGyverS2000
Underground

This entire thread is the height of silliness.  The same coding bug(s) has been around for YEARS, and it's being resolved via screenshots?!  Been coding for 40+ years myself and I just have to shake my head at such a tactic.  What possible debugging info on "thumbs up" could be gleaned from a screenshot?

I've tried adding new custom stations, adding existing stations (currently listening to Yacht Rock), etc. all with the same result... ratings are lost.  I'd say I'm averaging a "re-rate" every ~5-10 songs.  Been listening to the Yacht Rock station today for the last hour and I've already uprated 4 songs I had uprated last week. I'm positive on this because I've resorted to keeping a written list of the songs I uprate... so I can eventually move on to a streaming system with competent programmers/debuggers.

AdamPandora

@MacGyverS2000 I definitely understand your frustration.

I've passed your feedback along to the appropriate parties for further investigation. We'll follow up with you if we need any additional details.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos