cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thumbed up song deleted from station

GreatJuan
Underground

I've had a particular station for many, many years and tried not to modify it too much.  I noticed around 5-6 months ago it started suggesting songs wayyyyyyyyyy outside the normal.  I decided to start thumbing those songs down.  Suddenly my station completely changed what it would play.  It would still play songs I liked, but not the genre I liked.  Finally, earlier this week I decided to do some investigation and saw that Thumbs down seems to impact a station more than Thumbs up so I went into my Thumbs down and removed some of the songs in there.

After 5-6 months I FINALLY heard the song that I created the station around play.  Somehow it had been removed from my Thumbs up songs, even though it was still in my Thumbs up collection.  And it was not in my Thumbs down list that I changed.  Why would Pandora do this?  The station that I've had for I believe 10+ years at this point is  being modified without my knowledge.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@GreatJuan Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

What is the name of the station you are referring to, and what is the name of the track that was removed from your Thumbs Up list?

Additionally are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing? 

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

GreatJuan
Underground

I listen to Pandora on my Windows computer when at home, and when at work I use my mobile phone.

The station is "My Land is Burning" and the track was "My Land is Burning" by Andy Partridge.

1. Windows PC, Website, Google Chrome

2. Mobile Phone LG Stylo 4+, Model LM-Q710WA, AT&T

3. No error message

4. I have no screenshots of this, sorry.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up with that information, @GreatJuan.

I am going to leave this screenshot here for our reference showing the track My Land is Burning is in the Thumbs Up section of your My Land is Burning Radio station:

Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 11.20.35 AM.png

If this track ends up getting removed from the Thumbs Up section of this station again, please make sure to reply back to this thread and let me know.

I'll be happy to help look into this further from there.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos