cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thumbs up ratings aren't highlighted in Shuffle Mode

handsdown05
Local Performer

For some reason, many of the things I give a thumbs up later play again but the Thumb is no longer lit. It shows that it lights up when I select it, but later it no longer has a thumbs up. Is this relayed to the fact that I'm in shuffle mode? I'm pretty sure it happens regardless of whether I'm in a station or not. Not always, though, as I have many thumbs up that have been that way for years. 

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
24 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cindapmd I moved your post over to this existing thread: Thumbs up ratings aren't highlighted in Shuffle Mode

One thing to remember is that thumb ratings are station specific - giving a thumbs up to a song on one station will only apply to that specific station.

So if that same track plays again on a different station, the thumbs up rating won't be highlighted.

Additionally, if a different version of the same song plays, it will not have the thumb rating applied to it.

If you are still noticing that tracks you have previously given a Thumbs Up to are not highlighted when playing again in Shuffle Mode, please make sure to grab a screenshot and send it in a reply to this thread.

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

paul_peaceful
Local Performer

I'm having this problem.  Pandora forgets my thumbs ups.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@paul_peaceful If you are still noticing that tracks you have previously given a Thumbs Up to are not highlighted when playing again in Shuffle Mode, please make sure to grab a screenshot and send it in a reply to this thread.

(Please note you won't be able to attach images via email - you will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments)

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

paul_peaceful
Local Performer

I respectfully ask: what good is that going to do?  There are ample examples of Pandora forgetting people's thumbs-up.  Clearly there is a problem.  How is asking for a screenshot going to do anything but defer actually addressing the issue?

Maybe I should add: what information is going to be conveyed in the screenshot that is going to help solve the issue?  The only three bits of information would be the user, user's station, and the particular piece of music.  Hopefully my pandora username is already associated with my community username.

Moderator Edit: Merged comments

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@paul_peaceful Thanks for following up.

Thumbs up ratings aren't highlighted in Shuffle Mode:

You mentioned that when you listen to Pandora in Shuffle Mode, there are times where tracks that you have given a Thumbs Up to previously are no longer highlighted when they play.

It will be helpful if you can provide us with a specific example of this happening, so that we can cross-reference on our end to see what might be happening.

If you are up for it, please grab a screenshot the next time you are listening on Shuffle Mode, and the track that is currently playing is no longer highlighted (when it should be).

Pandora Username vs. Community Username:

Your community username can actually be different from your actual Pandora account depending on what you selected it to be.

I see we originally had to change the initial username you selected (see your private messages for an explanation), however we have since been able to update your community username to paul_peaceful.

Hope this is helpful.