cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracks duplicate in personal playlist

jackie2210
Underground

Hi, Adam.  I am having the same problem, only with a hand picked playlist.  Many of my songs have duplicated so that instead of 50 or so songs total, I now have over 1,000.  The ones that did not duplicate are rarely played now.

I have tried hand deleting the duplicates but it is taking forever and is just too tedious. Help!  Thanks, Jackie

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

jackie2210
Underground

Ok, I guess that's what I'll have to do.  Let me know if the engineers have any thoughts, and I'll keep my eye on the numbers and my actions to see if I can figure out the problem from my end.

View solution in original post

13 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jackie2210 What is the name of the playlist this happened with?

Can you please send me a screenshot of what you're seeing as well?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

jackie2210
Underground

The playlist is one I created 1 song at a time called "Songs for School".  I included a screenshot though I can't find a way to show the problem that way.  It's just that I have around 50 - 75 songs, but somehow this turned into over 1,000 songs through repeated duplications.  (See the total 1,062 in the pic).

Would love a way to fix it that doesn't take all day.  Also, I'm wondering if I was doing something to cause it to duplicate.

Thanks, Adam!Screenshot 2022-07-16 09.04.05.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jackie2210 I've escalated your experience over to our engineering team.

In the meantime, I think the easiest thing to do would be to start fresh with creating a brand new playlist again with those same 50-75 tracks you originally used.

If you do end up creating a new playlist, please keep an eye out if any duplicates start to appear again.

Please make note of the date/time as soon as you notice any duplicate tracks appearing on the playlist.

Than you for reporting this! 

0 Kudos

jackie2210
Underground

Ok, I guess that's what I'll have to do.  Let me know if the engineers have any thoughts, and I'll keep my eye on the numbers and my actions to see if I can figure out the problem from my end.

TexasRetroGuy
Underground

I was creating a playlist and when I got to around a 100 songs the next day I noticed the song count jumped up to around 1500 songs and they are all duplicates of the 100 songs. The same original playlist of songs I created are created over and over. Looks like 15 times by number count. I didn't do anything. It did it on it's own. Not the end of the world I just thought it was strange. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TexasRetroGuy I moved your post over to this existing thread: Tracks duplicate in personal playlist

What is the name of the playlist this happened with?

Can you please send me a screenshot of what you're seeing as well?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

TexasRetroGuy
Underground

Its not that big of a deal. Only drawback is when you add a new song it goes to the end of the list 1500 deep. I'm not a complainer. It's all good. Was just curious why so it didn't happen again. A screenshot wouldn't do much. Here is a link. Like I said no big deal. Blues Playlist  

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up with that information, @TexasRetroGuy.

Duplicate tracks showing in playlist:

I've escalated your experience over to our engineering team.

In the meantime, you can always create a new playlist again with the same 100 tracks you initially used if the currently playlist containing the duplicates becomes bothersome.

If you do end up creating a new playlist, please keep an eye out if any duplicates start to appear again.

Also please make note of the date/time as soon as you notice any duplicate tracks appearing on the playlist.

Than you for reporting this! 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

New tracks on playlist appear at the end of the list:

If you'd like to see a feature that allows you to add new tracks to the top of your playlist, I recommend upvoting this existing feature request with a ❤️Adding a TOP OF PLAYLIST feature

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

rroberds42
Local Performer

I am adding songs to my collection. I add about 50 songs. Then all of a sudden I have over 100 songs in my list. I review the songs and somehow Pandora has added the same 50 songs to my playlist a second time. 

I have to delete my entire collection and start again. I have done this 4 times and it happens every time. 

I just signed up for Pandora and I am about to quit it. 

In addition, it allows me to add duplicates to my collection. NO OTHER AUDIO STREAMING SERVICE ALLOWS THIS! 

Pandora, you are about to lose a customer because of poor programming. 

Is there any way to fix this issue?

Begasung
Local Performer

I have one main playlist and almost every song has been duplicated and it is up to over 1800 songs, is there any way to delete the songs that got duplicated without having to manually do it?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Begasung I moved your post over to this existing thread: Tracks duplicate in personal playlist

Unfortunately, there isn't currently a way to bulk delete tracks on playlists.

For now, you will need to manually remove each duplicate track one at a time.

If you'd like to see that feature added to the service, I recommend upvoting this existing thread: Ideas: Bulk Add-Delete-Edit-Search Content (Stations, Playlists, Thumbs)

I'm happy to pass your feedback along to our engineering team in the meantime - what is the name of the playlist that now has 1800 songs on it due to duplicates being added?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Andreaamne
Local Performer

I have duplicate songs on my playlist. I didn't do this. Please help remove. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Andreaamne I moved your post over to this existing thread: Tracks duplicate in personal playlist

Unfortunately, there isn't currently a way to bulk delete tracks on playlists.

If you'd like to see that feature added to the service, I recommend upvoting this existing thread: Ideas: Bulk Add-Delete-Edit-Search Content (Stations, Playlists, Thumbs)

For now, you will need to manually remove each duplicate track one at a time.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for instructions on how you can remove those tracks from your playlist: How to edit playlist

I'm happy to pass your feedback along to our engineering team in the meantime - what is the name of the playlist that has duplicates being added?

Let me know.

0 Kudos