cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracks in playlists replaced with different versions

CurlyTaurus
Local Performer

I keep adding "Who Want Smoke?" to one of my Playlists and within a day or two it is REPLACED by another song, same beat but different Artist, different Title. Just happened again for the 10th time.. It's super aggravating.. Please help! 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
33 Replies

Halfpass22
Local Performer

Latto Big Energy keeps getting taken off my playlist and replaced by a horrible cover. I have to delete the cover abs add it back every day. Why is this happening 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Halfpass22 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Tracks in playlists replaced with different versions

Please send me:

• the name of the playlist this happens on
  • a screenshot of:
    • the correct track showing in your playlist
    • the incorrect track that it gets replaced with

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

kwmayan
Local Performer

I have a similar issue that has been ongoing for quite some time.  Previously, when I thumb up a song, it would add the song to a My Thumbs UP Playlist and not my Thumbs Up channel, which is different. 

So one day I'm listening to the song, J'LO's song, Dance Again for example, in English, and the next day, same track, the same spot in the list, but now it is in Spanish. **ahem**? 

Did Pandora lose the license for the English version or what? How do I correct this?

There are also songs on my Playlist that I did not thumb up and I cannot remove, but that is for another thread. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kwmayan I moved your post over to this existing thread: Tracks in playlists replaced with different versions

I do see this track is currently listed on your My Thumbs Up playlist:

Screen Shot 2022-03-16 at 6.18.10 AM.png

The next time it is replaced with the Spanish version, can you please send me a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Lexera
Local Performer

My pandora playlist seems to have a problem with removing the version of the song that I actually wanted to add to the playlist and replacing with the version I didn't want there. I don't know why it would be doing this. I've had to constantly go in and re-add the version that I want and it's starting to bother me. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Lexera I moved your post over to this existing thread: Tracks in playlists replaced with different versions

Please send me:

• the name of the playlist this happens on
  • a screenshot of:
    • the correct track showing in your playlist
    • the incorrect track that it gets replaced with

0 Kudos

Poll1Jer
Local Performer

Why do the tracks in my playlists keep getting replaced with garbage versions?

This has happened so many times now and I am getting tired of it. First it happened with Party on 5th ave, by Mac Miller, it changed my mac miller version to another version by different artists. I replaced it 4 or 5 times and it kept getting changed back to the **ahem** version.

Then one of my Chris Webby songs got replaced with a version that cuts off about a minute before the end of the song. every time i deleted the song from my playlist, and re-added the correct version, it would just keep cutting off, about a minute before the end. 

Now Ramon Ayala by Giovannie and the Hired guns was replaced with a garbage version feat. Bo Bundy, and its absolute Sh!t.

There have been far to many to sit here and keep listing them, but I have been a paid sub for nearly 10 years, and I am about to switch because I am over it.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Poll1Jer Can you please do me a favor and send me screenshots of your playlist showing some of the tracks that have been replaced?

(Please note you won't be able to attach images via email - you will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments)

Also what is the name of one of your playlists this is happening with?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

aturner273
Local Performer

Same thing has happened to me - I Thumbs Upped Long Way Down by Guster, and it played normally on my Thumbs Up playlist for a few months until a week ago when it suddenly changed to the Long Way Down Meow Mix by Guster, which was actually amusing at first. But really annoying since the original song is no longer there. What is going on??

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@aturner273 Can you please do me a favor and send me a screenshot of your playlist showing the track that has been replaced?

(Please note you won't be able to attach images via email - you will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments)

0 Kudos

aturner273
Local Performer

Here is the screenshot of my Thumbs Up Playlist showing the replaced track (Guster - Long Way Down Meow Mix)

IMG_1314.PNG

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @aturner273.

I've escalated your report over to our engineering team so they can further investigate.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Lexera
Local Performer

IMG_20230211_220438.jpg

IMG_20230211_220437.jpg

The one that says it's by rock wilder keeps replacing the one that says Moulin Rogue on my mom's Playlist. Sorry it took me forever to respond. It took a while for it to happen again

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Lexera Thanks for providing that info.

I've passed this along to the appropriate parties for further investigation. We'll follow up with you if we need any additional details.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos