cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracks in playlists replaced with different versions

EmperorJJ1
On the Rise

im not quite sure if this is related or not but sorta seems to. recently on one of my playlists 2 songs have changed. 

https://www.pandora.com/playlist/PL:844425029316442:128926781

Far Away (Josh's Big Room Remix) by Basshunter has been updated to the original versions

Am I Dreaming by Kat Deluna has changed to the remix ft akon

I have the correct versions at the bottom of the list. Ill give it a bit then delete the wrong ones and swap them over.

Oh and Fever by Vybz Kartel swapped to the clean version. When i go to the album its pretty weird. It has duplicates of several songs one edited and one explicit

EmperorJJ1_0-1684559813914.png

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
12 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@EmperorJJ1 I created a new thread for you since you are experiencing a slightly different issue.

I've passed this along to the appropriate parties for further investigation. We'll follow up with you if we need any additional details.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

EmperorJJ1
On the Rise

Thank you. one thing to note is i likely haven't heard these songs since i canceled and re-subscribed to premium. since i have no way of knowing when they changed i cant really narrow it down but maybe that would have something to do with it?

Zorina13
Local Performer

Hello! Title says it all. A song on my thumbs up Playlist gets replaced with a totally different version that isn't what I wanted at all. The version I want is Lady Marmalade from Moulin Rogue and the version it replaces with is Lady Marmalade by Rockwilder. It has been happening for years and I haven't been able to listen to the version I want except for when I first re-add it after taking off the original.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Zorina13 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Tracks in playlists replaced with different versions

Your feedback has now been added to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are looking into this.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Iamgary4life
Local Performer

Not only does my Pandora radio still change explicit songs to a clean version but it also changes the versions all together for no reason. I will have the original album version of a song I like just for it to get changed to a remastered version for no reason and I do not want the remastered version in any capacity. Actually about to leave Pandora all together because of that. It's **ahem** annoying to go through a 500+ song playlist just to find and change the 10 songs that apparently have other versions that Pandora radio decides I should be listening to instead

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Iamgary4life I definitely understand your frustration.

I'm happy to pass your feedback along to our engineering team.

What's the name of the playlist and tracks being replaced?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Iamgary4life
Local Performer

At this point in time every single song off the album sailing the seas of cheese by Primus has been changed in my top rated playlist. Half of those songs were hand added to my playlist.

Sgt Baker is on a completely different album and that's changed too. 

I can't keep the ONLY version of Passing me By by Pharcyde in my playlist for more than a week before it **ahem** changes. At this point I've already cancelled my membership. This **ahem** is **ahem** retarded. I just noticed the other songs by Primus cause I decided to look

How does this even happen? How does Pandora go out of their way to change my songs? Honestly it's even more so infuriating to come across this thread and figure out that this is a reoccurring problem that supposedly the engineers fixed it over two years ago.

Here's the best part too! I forgot about this. I just deleted every single song out of the playlist that changed to the 2013 version, and now I'm trying to add the right versions back. And it keeps telling me the song is in my playlist and I just had to delete them for a second time. And they're still there. I'm going to have to delete them probably a third time or a fourth time before the playlist finally recognizes that I don't want that dumbass song in my playlist

Moderator Edit: Merged comments

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Iamgary4life Thanks for following up with that information.

Additionally, what is the name of the playlist this is happening on?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Iamgary4life
Local Performer

My thumbs up playlist. All the songs I deleted last night are back. I even added all of the original 1991 album songs off Sailing the Seas of Cheese by Primus back and all but "Is It Luck" already changed to their 2013 versions. This right here is why I'm done with Pandora. I could deal with the random songs I don't listen to often but now it's **ahem** with a band I listen to quite often

I literally just deleted all the songs again. Re-added the original versions I wanted, again. And by the time I had the new songs added the ones I deleted were back. Deleted them again. Now my playlist keeps showing 531 songs when it should be 523 but the copies aren't showing. Just closed the app and will reopen it

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Iamgary4life Thanks for writing back with that. I've sent this over to our engineers. This information is really valuable, and helps us determine what might be happening.

I know this has been a frustrating issue, and I can assure you we are working on a resolution.

We really appreciate your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

mik770
Local Performer

i am tired of the songs in my playlist changing. first it was a different version and now it is a different artist and also one song is getting changed to a french version. i have to keep my app offline so it doesn't get changed. i DO NOT want any of my songs changed at all if i am paying for a subscription. if it keeps happening i am canceling my subscription

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mik770 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Tracks in playlists replaced with different versions

I'm happy to pass your feedback along to our engineering team.

Please send me:

• the name of the playlist this is happening on
  • the name of the track(s) that have been replaced
  • a screenshot of what you are seeing on your end

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos