cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transitioned back to station when Premium Access ends

Codefighter700
Local Performer

When I am listening to music, after a certain amount of songs it makes a notifying sound and switches to a different playlist why does it happen?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Codefighter700 Nice to see you around the community.

It looks like this occurs when you're using a complimentary session of Premium.

If you accept a complimentary Pandora Premium access session (by interacting with an advertisement in order to listen to content on-demand), you'll automatically be transitioned into the Premium experience, which looks a little different from our radio-only or Plus experiences. 

These Premium Access sessions allow you to create playlists, or collect songs or albums to listen to right away, rather than waiting to hear them play on a station.

However, you'll still have access to all of your stations under My Collection if you filter it by Stations.

When your Premium Access session expires you'll be returned to your normal Pandora app experience, but we'll automatically save your on-demand music collection for your next Premium experience. If you're eager to jump back into Premium, you can always upgrade your account or check your trial eligibility on the Pandora website.

Please keep in mind, playlists are only a feature of Premium. There's a natural tension between valuable ad space and the listening experience. Because of that, we're actively testing the length of these sessions to provide the best listening experience for everyone. As a result, the average length and availability of your complimentary session may fluctuate.

I hope this helps explain.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Codefighter700 Nice to see you around the community.

If you accept a complimentary Pandora Premium access session (by interacting with an advertisement in order to listen to content on-demand), you'll automatically be transitioned into the Premium experience, which looks a little different from our radio-only or Plus experiences. 

These Premium Access sessions allow you to create playlists, or collect songs or albums to listen to right away, rather than waiting to hear them play on a station.

However, you'll still have access to all of your stations under My Collection if you filter it by Stations.

When your Premium Access session expires you'll be returned to your normal Pandora app experience, but we'll automatically save your on-demand music collection for your next Premium experience. If you're eager to jump back into Premium, you can always upgrade your account or check your trial eligibility on the Pandora website.

Please keep in mind, playlists are only a feature of Premium. There's a natural tension between valuable ad space and the listening experience. Because of that, we're actively testing the length of these sessions to provide the best listening experience for everyone. As a result, the average length and availability of your complimentary session may fluctuate.

I hope this helps explain.

0 Kudos

Rudolph_Jessica
Local Performer

How do I fix when playing my Playlist it keeps switching back to a station???

Seems like usually after a couple songs?

Do I have to have premium instead of plus to keep it playing? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Rudolph_Jessica I moved your post over to this existing thread: Transitioned back to station when Premium Access ends

Check out the accepted solution for more information.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Delaneycondon8
Local Performer

I was deleting songs off my Playlist and now all my playlists are gone and it was changed to stations

Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Delaneycondon8 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Transitioned back to station when Premium Access ends

Check out the accepted solution for more information.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos