cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Add Artists as Variety

Aubri
Local Performer

Would you be able to tell me why I can no longer add specific artists to my already created station? 

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @cjstout. 👋

We're happy to help. However, we may need a few more details to determine what is happening.

You can add variety to any stations based on an artist / group / composer / individual track. Genre stations are stations you won't be able to add variety to. If you're unable to add a specific artist or song as variety, we may need to report this over to our curation team for further review.

Could you please provide more information so that I can take a look?

• Which station(s) are you having trouble with adding variety to?
  • Did you receive any error messages when tried to add variety? If so, what exactly did it say?
  • Please share an example of an artist you attempted to add to one of your stations when it didn't work.

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (09.02.24)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
46 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Aubri. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with adding variety to your stations.

I'd like to gather a bit more information about what you're experiencing. Could you share a few more details about what is happening, and how you're listening?

• Are you using a computer? If so, are you using a web browser? Which one?
  • Or are you using the Pandora Desktop App for MAC or Windows?
  • If you're using a device, what is the make and model?
  • Could you share an example of an artist you attempted to add to one of your stations when it didn't work?
  • Did you receive any error messages when tried to add variety? If so, what exactly did it say?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

Jennifer297
Local Performer

I am using a Dell laptop and also tried with an Apple iPhone.  Where can I add variety?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Jennifer297 What is the name of the station you want to add variety to?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

cjstout
Underground

AdamPandora, please just answer her question!  I want to know too!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @cjstout. 👋

We're happy to help. However, we may need a few more details to determine what is happening.

You can add variety to any stations based on an artist / group / composer / individual track. Genre stations are stations you won't be able to add variety to. If you're unable to add a specific artist or song as variety, we may need to report this over to our curation team for further review.

Could you please provide more information so that I can take a look?

• Please share an example of an artist you attempted to add to one of your stations when it didn't work.

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

Kurobatt
Local Performer

Created a bunch of stations for specific types of music. Was adding variety to them. I dont understand why certain bands cant be added via the add variety button, but when i do a general search for them they show up and can be played, but not added to any of my stations. 

E33F6A4B-A3FA-4981-A36C-312360E12441.png

4032742F-1432-4BE7-A7AD-DE1B96725D57.png

 heres 2 screenshots of what i see. 1st is in the main pandora search. The band clearly exists and can be played. 2nd is from the add variety search in a station, where the same band doesnt show up. And when trying to add to station from main search it only gives me the option to create a new playlist. 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

Thanks for reporting this, @Kurobatt.

I've escalated your feedback to our curation team so they can further investigate.

0 Kudos

Kurobatt
Local Performer

Its not just that artist. There have been multiple artists that are same way. That was just most recent example i had. So issue has to be deeper than just an individual artist/song. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Kurobatt This actually has to do with specific artists, and each need to be reported on a case by case basis.

If you see any other artists you are unable to add as variety to your station, feel free to let us know on this thread.

0 Kudos

JackOfSpades
Local Performer

I'm also having this problem, specifically with the artist MoxiFloxi. Can't add them or any of their songs to any station as variety. Only tried on Galaxy A02s so far. Received the error message "We are experiencing unexpected technical difficulties at this time." I was able to add other songs/artists successfully.

AdamPandora

Thank you for reporting this, @JackOfSpades.

I've passed your feedback along to our curation team so they can further investigate.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

BlackFeatherLLC
Local Performer

I am having the same error with the artist Amanati and any of their songs (hedone, taboo, etc) where it says unexpected error when trying to add to a created station 

0 Kudos

cjstout
Underground
I'm exhausted trying to fight this issue on Pandora.

When I discovered that my Amazon Prime membership includes Amazon Music, I
started listening to that.
The songs load much more quickly, the ability to choose music is superb and
I don't have to pay more for this superior service.

AdamPandora

@BlackFeatherLLC Thanks for reporting this!

I'll pass your feedback along to our curation team as well so they can help look into it.

Hope we continue to see you around the Community!

0 Kudos

yoyo1307
Local Performer

I have created a station and then chose Add Variety. I tried to add the artist "Rain Paris" but the option to add the artist to the station is grayed out. Even when i click on the “add to station” button it gives me an error. Is there any way to fix this?

AdamPandora

@yoyo1307 I've escalated your feedback to our curation team so they can further investigate.

Thanks for reporting!

0 Kudos

JudoGuy
Local Performer

Artist Rain Paris is still unavailable. No resolution yet?

Is this an issue with copyrights? Does Pandora show artists' catalogues even though they do not have rights to play their content as a way to gauge client interest before paying the artist?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

Thank you for reporting this, @JudoGuy.

I've passed your feedback along to our curation team so they can further investigate.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

akronzipsgirl
Local Performer

I am trying to add a variety to a station I created - trying to add artist Danielle Savre. It's been giving me errors for weeks now. I get the error: "We are experiencing unexpected technical difficulties at this time." However, I am able to add other artists. Can you please assist?

Thank you!!