cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Add Artists as Variety

Aubri
Local Performer

Would you be able to tell me why I can no longer add specific artists to my already created station? 

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
26 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@StormyHowls Genre stations, such as "Today's Hits" or "Chill-out Radio," are stations curated by Pandora, and they behave a little bit differently than your own personalized stations. One difference is that you cannot Add Variety to these stations.

That's because Adding Variety could change your listening experience on these stations; added seeds would most likely inspire music outside of the scope of the intended genre.

That said, when listening from a computer, mobile device or the Sonos app, you can access Pandora Modes to customize your station experience. You can pick different modes like Crowd Faves, Discovery and Deep Cuts.

In the meantime, I've noted your request for the option to edit genre stations.

Hope this is helpful. Thanks for listening!

StormyHowls
Underground

Thank you, I appreciate it!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@StormyHowls Always happy to help!

0 Kudos

Michele1985
Local Performer

Hi, I am a Pandora subscriber. I am not able to find Javi “The Collective” when I try to add the artist to a station I created for Steve Wilson. However, I can play the artist separately in Pandora and in libraries. Why does this not work for stations?

thanks Michele

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Michele1985 I've passed your feedback along to our curation team for further review.

Thanks for reporting!

0 Kudos

Rfranz44
Local Performer

I've experienced the same issue trying to add variety to Chris Stapleton channel.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Rfranz44 I do see you are using an Android device.

To clarify, are you experiencing the same issue that others have reported here?: Android: Adding Variety on station details page leads to blank screen

Let me know.

0 Kudos