cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Add Artists as Variety

Aubri
Local Performer

Would you be able to tell me why I can no longer add specific artists to my already created station? 

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @cjstout. 👋

We're happy to help. However, we may need a few more details to determine what is happening.

You can add variety to any stations based on an artist / group / composer / individual track. Genre stations are stations you won't be able to add variety to. If you're unable to add a specific artist or song as variety, we may need to report this over to our curation team for further review.

Could you please provide more information so that I can take a look?

• Which station(s) are you having trouble with adding variety to?
  • Did you receive any error messages when tried to add variety? If so, what exactly did it say?
  • Please share an example of an artist you attempted to add to one of your stations when it didn't work.

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
24 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Aubri. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with adding variety to your stations.

I'd like to gather a bit more information about what you're experiencing. Could you share a few more details about what is happening, and how you're listening?

• Are you using a computer? If so, are you using a web browser? Which one?
  • Or are you using the Pandora Desktop App for MAC or Windows?
  • If you're using a device, what is the make and model?
  • Could you share an example of an artist you attempted to add to one of your stations when it didn't work?
  • Did you receive any error messages when tried to add variety? If so, what exactly did it say?

Let me know. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Jennifer297
Local Performer

I am using a Dell laptop and also tried with an Apple iPhone.  Where can I add variety?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jennifer297 What is the name of the station you want to add variety to?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

cjstout
Underground

AdamPandora, please just answer her question!  I want to know too!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @cjstout. 👋

We're happy to help. However, we may need a few more details to determine what is happening.

You can add variety to any stations based on an artist / group / composer / individual track. Genre stations are stations you won't be able to add variety to. If you're unable to add a specific artist or song as variety, we may need to report this over to our curation team for further review.

Could you please provide more information so that I can take a look?

• Please share an example of an artist you attempted to add to one of your stations when it didn't work.

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

JackOfSpades
Local Performer

I'm also having this problem, specifically with the artist MoxiFloxi. Can't add them or any of their songs to any station as variety. Only tried on Galaxy A02s so far. Received the error message "We are experiencing unexpected technical difficulties at this time." I was able to add other songs/artists successfully.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reporting this, @JackOfSpades.

I've passed your feedback along to our curation team so they can further investigate.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

BlackFeatherLLC
Local Performer

I am having the same error with the artist Amanati and any of their songs (hedone, taboo, etc) where it says unexpected error when trying to add to a created station 

0 Kudos

cjstout
Underground
I'm exhausted trying to fight this issue on Pandora.

When I discovered that my Amazon Prime membership includes Amazon Music, I
started listening to that.
The songs load much more quickly, the ability to choose music is superb and
I don't have to pay more for this superior service.
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BlackFeatherLLC Thanks for reporting this!

I'll pass your feedback along to our curation team as well so they can help look into it.

Hope we continue to see you around the Community!

0 Kudos

yoyo1307
Local Performer

I have created a station and then chose Add Variety. I tried to add the artist "Rain Paris" but the option to add the artist to the station is grayed out. Even when i click on the “add to station” button it gives me an error. Is there any way to fix this?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@yoyo1307 I've escalated your feedback to our curation team so they can further investigate.

Thanks for reporting!

0 Kudos

JudoGuy
Local Performer

Artist Rain Paris is still unavailable. No resolution yet?

Is this an issue with copyrights? Does Pandora show artists' catalogues even though they do not have rights to play their content as a way to gauge client interest before paying the artist?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reporting this, @JudoGuy.

I've passed your feedback along to our curation team so they can further investigate.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

akronzipsgirl
Local Performer

I am trying to add a variety to a station I created - trying to add artist Danielle Savre. It's been giving me errors for weeks now. I get the error: "We are experiencing unexpected technical difficulties at this time." However, I am able to add other artists. Can you please assist?

Thank you!!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@akronzipsgirl I've passed your feedback along to our curation team so they can further investigate.

Thanks for reporting this!

StormyHowls
Underground

I can't even find the option to add variety anymore. It used to be in the three dot icon, but only option I get now is remove station. I've in the past used the phone app to do it, but now I can't find it there either anymore. Like, I am paying for the service, why is it being made more and more difficult to add variety to a station I've cultivated over a decade?

I started deleting stations. I wonder if the ones my Alexa created because it interpreted wrong were locked, and I found my 15 year old station. Was able to update that.

Moderator Edit: Merged comments

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the update, @StormyHowls.

Glad to hear things are back up and running again.

If this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know.

Thanks for listening!

0 Kudos

StormyHowls
Underground

I guess I'd like to know a little bit more of what's going on. So, say you have a pre-made station like "Chill-out Radio". You like some of the stuff, and you want to add more to it to make it your own. Is it that you can't because you didn't originally make that station? I did look to see that my "Chill-Out Radio" doesn't have the option to add variety, but my old 15 year old "Castles-in-the-Sky Radio" does. Should I just make a brand new station and add the flavors that I liked from the pre-made radio into it?

0 Kudos