cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to remove thumb ratings from now playing screen

BalmerVisible
Local Performer

Cannot remove old thumbed up tracks on "Shuffle Stations", so I request direct editing of thumbs.

When shuffle stations is turned on, older thumbed up songs are not able to be removed when the thumbs up is deselected.

I have several stations that are 10+ years old, so many of these thumbed up tracks are quite old. Recent thumbed up tracks can be removed without issue, but older ones do nothing when attempting to deselect thumbs up. This issue has been persistent on both the Android app and PC for at least a few years.

This issue is also present in regular (non-shuffled) stations, but the thumbed up/down tracks can be directly edited in the station settings. I request that the station settings is made available to the "Shuffle Stations" mode so that thumbed up/down songs can be edited directly. If this is too difficult to implement, then a way to reset all thumbs up/down in the shuffle mode would also be acceptable. Thank you.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BalmerVisible I moved your post to the My Collection space as you should be able to remove old thumb ratings from the now playing screen.

Let's try out some troubleshooting steps to see if they resolve the issue for you.

Please try connecting your devices directly via an Ethernet cable and see if that helps.

If there is no change, try rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

You might also try connecting your device to an entirely different network, or using a different device on your current network, to see if your streaming improves.

Let me know how it goes! 

0 Kudos

BalmerVisible
Local Performer

Thank you for replying Adam,

This is definitely not a device-specific problem, but it could be account-specific. As I mentioned in the post, older thumbs cannot be changed regardless of the device. This issue has persisted across multiple computers and mobile devices, so it seems to be an issue with the backend.

I would prefer for this post to be moved back to the previous category, because it was a feature request to be able to directly edit the thumbs on the shuffle "station". I stated the problems I had for the context to why this feature was requested, not as a request to fix them. That is why the category and title were as before.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BalmerVisible Can you please send me a screenshot of what you are attempting to remove on your end?

This will give me further clarification on what exactly you are trying to accomplish.

(Please note you won't be able to attach images via email - you will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments)

Thanks again for working with me on this! 

0 Kudos