cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's your like/dislike ratio? Mine's 229/1028 = 0.22.

Jeffbee21
Underground

What's your like/dislike ratio? Mine's 229/1028 = 0.22.

I recently passed 1000 dislikes on my primary station, and it got me wondering: What does a like/dislike ratio usually look like? I had a Blues Rock station I enjoyed for a couple of years with a ratio of 26/7 = 3.71, and it was great. But for the past few months I have been trying to build a Musical Comedy station: Tom Lehrer, Weird Al, Garfunkel and Oates, Tenacious D, The Lonely Island, Bo Burnham, that type of music. Music that's also comedy. And after over 1000 dislikes, I think Pandora is just not going to get it. Just today I've disliked tracks by Aziz Ansari, John Mulaney, and Dane Cook. Nothing against those guys, but stand-up is not what I'm looking for. Pandora keeps suggesting them, and I keep thumbing them down, as you can see. Has anyone else had a similar experience? A station that doesn't "get you," in spite of a lot of feedback?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

O.P. Edit: Edited title to be related to what I actually want to talk about.

Labels (1)
4 Replies

Jeffbee21 this is very interesting to say the least. I have thumbed down music I do not like, however I have never kept track of my thumbed down songs, or stations. I thank you for posting this, for it is something that I will look into myself. It is also good to see you in the Pandora community. Take care and stay safe.   

MOHLovesAlaska
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jeffbee21 I see what you are trying to accomplish here, however that may get a little tricky if you've seeded your station with an artist who has both a musical catalog and stand-up catalog in the Pandora library.

In any case, I'm happy to look into this further with you - please let me know the name of the station you are currently building.

Jeffbee21
Underground

The station is called "Tom Lehrer Radio." I would think with over 1200 likes & dislikes, the dozen or so individual seeds would be less relevant. Bo Burnham may do spoken-word comedy in addition to music, but that is one data point. I've liked a dozen of Bo Burnham's tracks, and they are all songs. I wouldn't expect Pandora to understand my desire on day one, but I would hope that, with enough feedback, it would end up where I wanted it.

Are you suggesting that, if I remove the seeds of anyone who has any spoken-word tracks, that I should expect the stand-up comedy to disappear?

P.S.- The title of my original post was about the like/dislike ratio in general. That is what I wanted to learn about, not the specific genre I am working with. If I am not allowed to say what I want to say in these forums, then I won't be returning. I'm not saying I have a right to free speech here. I'm just saying that I'm not going to stay if you choose not to grant me the privilege of free speech.

0 Kudos

Jeffbee21
Underground

It's not something I have gone out of my way to keep track of, but Pandora has this information for us. If you click on the station name and scroll down, there is a section called "thumb history," which will show you the history of what you've thumbed, along with the totals at the top.