cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are DJs talking over my curated station?

Jaseinatl
Local Performer

I thought I picked the songs that I liked and you’d use the music genome to offer similar suggestions. I have spent years curating my stations and all of a sudden I keep getting these really depressing idiots mumbling some sort of promo stuff over my music. Not only that but I keep hearing stupid station identification advertisements on my station. Are you trying to get me to leave after all these years. It’s really ruining Pandora for me. You can’t really be dynamically generating content I might like if a DJ is picking the music. This is a fraud. How do I make it stop? Cancelling my account seems like such a shame after all these years. But seriously stfu already. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jaseinatl It sounds like you. may have selected one of our curated Pandora Modes that are available on some stations.

Can you please do me a favor and send me a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

TitusCooker
Local Performer

This keeps happening to me, too.  I strongly dislike DJ's and 'curated' modes.  From my perspective, make it very clear that this is not a radio station, but a bunch of stuff from someone, so I can easily avoid it.  I just saw something on a station about how SiriusXM has partnered with Pandora and offered different stations.  So, being curious, clicked on it.  5 seconds in, nope.  I pay for the no-ads, no-commercials to avoid having to hear people talking when I want to be listening to music.  Change is inevitable, just try to remember there are those of us who have been here awhile, pay monthly, and like how Pandora works over all other competitors.  Take that away, and it's easy to switch.  

0 Kudos