cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is thumbs down suddenly not working?

GardenGirl
Local Performer

The thumbs down feature is suddenly not working.  Tracks that are clearly marked thumbs down are playing back to back.  What’s going on?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@KatieM I see what the issue is here - that is actually one of our Featured Stations. Thumb ratings don't actually apply when given on that specific station.

Instead, I recommend you create a station based off of one of your favorite Christmas tracks, or you can check out our actual Christmas Radio genre station. 

Happy holidays, and hope we continue to see you around the community! 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@GardenGirl Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message when you attempt to thumb down a track? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing? (If you're not sure how to take a screenshot, just let me know and I'll be happy to provide you with some additional steps.)

Let me know.

0 Kudos

KatieM
Local Performer

Thumbs down all of a sudden not working for me either which is very frustrating since I am paying monthly for Pandora! Doesn't matter what device I am listening on, TV, iPhone or Mac. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@KatieM I'm happy to look into this for you, but I'll need a bit more information first. Can you write me back with the following?

• The name of the station where this occurred.
  • The name(s) of the artist(s).
  • The title(s) of the track(s) you thumbed down but still ended up playing again. 
  • Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?

Let me know, and I'll take a look.

0 Kudos

KatieM
Local Performer

Hello. Thanks for the response. The station is the Christmas Station and it is these songs and artists below that i have thumbs downed multiple times:

Boyz II Men: Let it snow

India Arie and Joe Sample: Favorite Time of the Year

The Pogues: All Songs

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@KatieM Our support team has taken a look at your account and mentioned you have a number of Christmas stations on your account.

What is the name of the specific station you are running into issues with?

Thanks for all your patience with this. 

0 Kudos

KatieM
Local Performer

Its called Christmas

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@KatieM I see what the issue is here - that is actually one of our Featured Stations. Thumb ratings don't actually apply when given on that specific station.

Instead, I recommend you create a station based off of one of your favorite Christmas tracks, or you can check out our actual Christmas Radio genre station. 

Happy holidays, and hope we continue to see you around the community! 

0 Kudos