cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will premium offer a larger artist catalog?

s4s4u
Local Performer

I am a Plus subscriber.  If I upgrade to premium will I hear more of the artists' catalogs?  I have some artists stations in my shuffle that have extensive catalogs but I seem to be hearing the same more popular tunes.  If I upgrade to premium and select artist only rather than radio stations for all my favorites will I get to hear more of their catalog?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@s4s4u Nice to see you around the Community.

The Pandora catalog is the same for all tiers of service, whether you are signed up for Pandora Plus or Pandora Premium.

This being said, I'm happy to provide some tips to help you get the most out of your stations.

Pandora Modes:

I think you would benefit from using Pandora Modes on your stations - particularly the Deep Cuts mode. 

Pandora Modes are available on Pandora's website, mobile devices and the Sonos app.

When you start a station, you are always started in "My Station" mode by default.

Deep Cuts mode focuses on playing lesser-known tracks by the artists that normally play on your station.

Find Pandora Modes on a mobile device:

Start playing a station and go to your Now Playing screen. The Now Playing screen is easily opened by tapping the title of the currently playing song at the bottom of your screen.

The name of your station should be displayed at the top of the Now Playing screen. Tap the button underneath it that reads My Station to view any other available listening modes.

Find Pandora Modes on our website:

Start your station and go to your Now Playing screen.

Any available modes will be listed under Tune Your Station.

For more information on Pandora Modes, check out this help page article.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Creating a new station:

Another option would be to create a station based off of a specific song rather than an artist/band.

I find a lot of success in creating stations based off of particular songs rather than the artist themselves - especially if it is an artist with a large discography.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

s4s4u
Local Performer

I have seen the deep cuts option, but I also want to hear the hits.  Why can't we have both?

0 Kudos

s4s4u
Local Performer

And thank you for taking the time to respond.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

No problem at all, @s4s4u.

I will say that if you upgrade to Pandora Premium, what you can do is create customized playlists where you can pick and choose what songs or albums to include in your listening session.

So if you were to upgrade, you can search for a certain artist, and add both old/new music by them in one playlist, and then shuffle that playlist so that you get a mix of their catalog.

Use this link to learn more about upgrading. Alternatively, you can start a complimentary session simply by searching our library for a song or album, and clicking play. This will trigger a short advertisement, after which you can enjoy content on-demand.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos