cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Altice One app - Not Playing Automatically

bloopeanut
Underground

On my Altice One app on my TV, the music used to start playing automatically after I select a channel, and continue without intervention until I stop it or choose something else.  Now, when I start a channel, I see the song information but it doesn't start playing.  I notice that in the slider that usually goes from "0:00" to the length of the song, where it would normally show the song length, I see dashes "--:--".  If I press the pause button and then the play button, the song will play and the dashes will be replaced by the song length, as normal.  However, when it goes to the next song, and each succeeding song, the same behavior happens each time.  This happens no matter which channel I select.  How do we restore the automatic play?

Labels (1)
81 Replies

Kmull100
Local Performer

Same issue. Not playing continuously on samsung smart TVs with Altice One app. Playing fine on other devices (internet/chrome, smartphone). Been doing on for months.

MoNuge
Local Performer

This is getting old. It’s obviously an issue all of us Altice One users are having.  Fix it!!

geofin
Local Performer

this is definitely a problem with altice app on there service if it was a pure pandora issue it would effect all devices just went to pandora app on my ruko Television had no problem at all with the pandora worked fine altice is the problem not linking properly with pandora app

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (03/02/2021): Thank you all for your posts and device details.

Our engineering team is working with Altice One on this issue.

We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

Aloha105
Underground

This has been going on for months....I’ve been with Pandora for over 10 years! I am really disappointed in the lack of  response to this issue, which is obviously of concern to many subscribers. 

Johnnypt
Local Performer

Can Pandora please contact either Suddenlink or Altice to discuss this problem. It’s very obvious there is a conflict between the app and Altice’s software. But it seems that neither party is willing to step up and offer any assistance. It’s true that the problem may very well be on Suddenlink’s side. But, they won’t acknowledge that there is a problem either. Please take a little initiative to help out these many loyal customers.

Joef11
Local Performer

Gee, seems like it took less time to land on mars.

☹️ - signed frustrated

0 Kudos

Fivlea
Local Performer

I also am experiencing this same exact problem. Altice is saying they can not assist. It has been months. I love Pandora but have been using Stingray since this problem hasn't been corrected. 

Fivlea
Local Performer

Hey how were you able to u install and reinstall the app on the Altice One box? Mine just have the option to sign in or out when you to to settings.

chuck07446
Underground

I open Pandora and play the first song on any of my selected stations. After EVERY song, it stops, at the end of the song. I have to hit the pause and then play button to get the next song to play, and then, same thing, stops at the end of the song. How do I correct this? I see lots of other people have a similar issue. This is on my smart TV using Altice One (Optimum) as my provider.

Joef11
Local Performer

You can't.

0 Kudos

JLynne77
Underground

Not only am I having this exact issue on an Optimum Altice One, but it's also playing very choppy when I press play to go to the next song. It's like listening to an old vinyl record or CD skipping through a song. 😞 Whatever conflict is happening between Altice and Pandora, it's made the app unusable.

0 Kudos

Dpinksto
Local Performer

Any resolution to this issue? It's happening with my Vzio TV. I have Altice Cable and they said it wasn't thier issuse. It used to work properly. One day it just stopped playing th songs continuously.

0 Kudos

meriusrex
Local Performer

OK, but that is non-answer. The same thing is happening to me, and it would be greatly appreciated if Pandora (and ALL businesses) would stop using stock, and basically useless and condescending answers. A better and more respectful response would state what the problem is (or might be), what is actually being done and when you expect a resolution

0 Kudos

meriusrex
Local Performer

The date of this post is September of 2020 and the problem still persists on 28 March 2021, a span of 0ver 6 months. Maybe you should get new engineers.

0 Kudos

meriusrex
Local Performer

This is an ongoing problem with pandora. May we conclude that there is no solution?

0 Kudos

WaltF
Underground

I am having the same issue with Altice/Optimum.  Altice claims it is not thy're issue and pandora has yet to resolve it. It used to work fine months ago. I'm going to another provider, other than Pandora, they suck!

0 Kudos

FRANKROMERO
Local Performer

There is one solution..!   0ptimum is a Rip Off Company... Get rid of them and get another TV Provider..!  I have been with Optimum for three months now... They have NOT fixed one problem for me... I signed up for a $55 dollar deal per month. For TV and Internet... THAT TURNED INTO $ 83.50 the very same month..!

I am switching to Spectrum this month..!!!

chuck07446
Underground

Can't believe that Pandora can't solve this problem. It's been many many months that they are aware that this is an issue with Altice. If nothing else, just tell us that Altice **ahem** (which we already know) and that there's no way to fix the problem as long as we're an Altice subscriber.

0 Kudos

melissah2u
Local Performer

Add me to this list. I have Altice One also, via Suddenlnk, and it just started happening today. When Pandora played through of sources, no problem! This is very frustrating!

0 Kudos