cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Alexa: Simultaneous streaming error

B33fcurtains
Underground

Hello, I have a family Pandora account and multiple Alexa’s playing Pandora on different pandora accounts. I receive stream violations constantly from my main account only, my children never receive a stream violation. Why does this happen ? Look at this account 12/4 at 6pm - 8 pm CST and you shall find them. Please explain why this happens and how you plan on correcting the issue. 

Thank you,

A good paying customer.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

laurinkdavis
Underground

As it turns out, you are correct and it was playing on my iPad, but I did not know that since the sound was turned down. 2 things:

1. We used to be able to "override" on the current device, but seems we can't do that anymore and never could or can do that on Alexa

2. Really seems unfair that we pay for 5 accounts that we can't just have a maximum of 5 concurrent streaming - hard to make Alexa play with a specific account - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

We might just have to cancel this and go with Amazon music since Pandora makes it so difficult to manage multiple people using the same devices.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @B33fcurtains 

Welcome to community! Sorry to hear this is happening when listening on your Alexa device.

I'm happy to take a closer look to see what may be happening. I've gone ahead and enabled a trace on your account to help me further investigate. The next time this happens, please let me know the following info:

• Date:
  • Time (including timezone):
  • Name of station or playlist/album playing:

In the meantime, can you tell me a little more about your experience. When listened with your Alexa, do you connect multiple speakers together to listen? Do you multiple listeners use the same Alexa speakers or profiles?

Thanks for the help!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

B33fcurtains
Underground

Tanner, you must be a robot as I have already given you the date and time in my original complaint. Please review it again. Here is the run down: I have a Pandora family account, 4 Alexa devices, 2 upstairs and 2 downstairs. My Amazon Alexa's upstairs play music from my childs amazon accounts and the two downstairs play music from my main account or my wifes account. When I play music downstairs on my account and my kids play music upstairs Pandora thinks my main account is playing on two different devices and I receive a stream violation. How do I fix this ? Amazon alexa technical support is blaming you for the stream error. Look again at my account 12/6 between 5:00pm CST through 5:30pm CST for the stream violations. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @B33fcurtains 

We understand your concerns, however, all the moderators on the Pandora community are real people. We don't actively collect data from listeners so we aren't able to investigate your particular experience prior to the trace being enabled.

Based on your recent message it sounds like you have multiple Pandora accounts with multiple Alexa devices on one Amazon account. If this is not the case, please let me know.

In order for you and your other family members to stream Pandora simultaneously on your Alexa devices, you'll first need to set up Amazon Household.

Once this has been done, you will be able to create an additional Amazon account that can then be linked to your other family member's Pandora accounts. Otherwise, you won't be able to connect multiple Pandora accounts to a single Amazon account.

More information on Amazon Household can be found on their support page.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

B33fcurtains
Underground

Tanner, I have multiple Alexa’s stream from two different accounts, Alexa confirms this after a voice command to play a station. I have a house setup in Alexa but your company cannot decipher a family account through the Alexa skill. So my household account streams on my main account only. Is your company going to fix this or should I cancel my pandora because your family account does not function properly.

Tanner 12/7 8:15 pm CST stream violation while streaming on two Alexa’s with two different accounts streaming one two different Alexa devices.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

TannerPandora

Hi @B33fcurtains 

Thanks for confirming that Amazon Household is set-up for your Amazon account. Sorry for the continued trouble with this.

I'm happy to pass this along to our engineering team for further review and investigation into the simultaneous stream appearing when attempting to listen from two Pandora accounts on separate Alexa speakers.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

B33fcurtains
Underground
Tanner so are you confirming the multi account streaming is a known issue with your service and Amazon ?

laurinkdavis
Underground

Are you still having this issue? We are having it as well.

This happens several times a day and I’m the only one using this account on Alexa or on any device.  i have a Pandora Premium Family account. In fact, right now it’s happening and none of the other accounts on the family plan are in use. 

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @laurinkdavis 

Welcome to community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with Alexa.

I checked the family account associated with your Pandora email address. Looking closer, it appears that two devices were attempting to play two separate stations at the same time from the same account. "Meditation Radio" and "Trap and Dubstep Hits Radio" played from an Alexa device and an iPad.

If the Pandora account associated with the Alexa device is used on more than one device and the Alexa is used by multiple people in your household then that may explain the warning you received. In these cases it can be best to create a specific account for in-home devices like Alexa.

Additionally, of the four invitation sent out, only two have been accepted. If everyone that has been sent an invitation has been listening to Pandora, then it's possible that someone is inadvertently using the same account.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

laurinkdavis
Underground

As it turns out, you are correct and it was playing on my iPad, but I did not know that since the sound was turned down. 2 things:

1. We used to be able to "override" on the current device, but seems we can't do that anymore and never could or can do that on Alexa

2. Really seems unfair that we pay for 5 accounts that we can't just have a maximum of 5 concurrent streaming - hard to make Alexa play with a specific account - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

We might just have to cancel this and go with Amazon music since Pandora makes it so difficult to manage multiple people using the same devices.

0 Kudos