cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Alexa: Won't Play Requested Station

gprayback
Opening Act

Recently stations that have always worked with the Pandora skill on an Alexa device have stopped working. I'll say something like "tell Pandora to play the station calm yoga music." Until recently, it would play  my station which matches that name. But recently it has stopped finding some stations. And once it loses it, it will never find it again. It feels like there's a cache or something that's storing names of recently played stations and if it isn't in the cache, the Pandora skill won't find it from the Alexa device. It's quite frustrating because this is the only way I listen to my music and I have to keep going to the Alexa app and finding my Pandora stations there. I don't understand why the Pandora skill can't find them.

Labels (1)
227 Replies

Local Performer
It is very frustrating working with both pandora and alexa. I feel your pain

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

amiller91
Local Performer

I am continuing to have this issue, despite the push out in Aprul 2023

Local Performer
Amiller91
Sorry to hear. Did you try just renaming your stations? I added the word “new” in front of name and so far Pandora finds them. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

MusicFan0122
Local Performer

Hi TannerPandora,

I am having the same issue as originally posted. I tried again today and Alexa will not recognize my radio station "Dave Mallett Radio". It recognizes all my other stations.

jdb2
Underground

Can I please be added to the support ticket? Alexa will play only *one* of my stations and only if I issue the voice command as "Alexa, play Darkwave Radio from [my name]'s Pandora." Furthermore, irrespective of what station was previously playing, if I leave my Echo paused for a while and tell it to "Resume playback" it always plays my "Newage Electronica" station.

jdb2

0 Kudos

Diamond in the Rough

I am having the same problem, Pandora needs to get it's act together along with amazon.

I have all my stations set to my station, and now alexa can't find any of my stations.

I am frustrated over this issue.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

Iwavvhv
Local Performer

I’m having this issue

0 Kudos

Aop
Local Performer

Having the same trouble…..was this ever fixed??

0 Kudos

cranman007
Local Performer

Hello,

Please add me to this ticket. I'm having the same issue with my channels.

0 Kudos

Debrannen
Underground

I am still having the same problem and it is currently May 23rd 2023. Has this problem been solved? If so how do you do it?

0 Kudos

Debrannen
Underground

Has this problem been solved between Alexa and a Pandora station? I cannot get  some particular stations of mine to play on Alexa

0 Kudos

bbells
Local Performer

No. Renaming the station works for awhile. I just renamed a station for the 4th time. I will try going back to the original name next time it stops working.

0 Kudos

gaelicfish
Local Performer

Hello,

I have been fighting this issue. Has there been a solution that doesn't involve renaming all your stations? Above I see that a fix has been pushed out, a month ago. However, I have am still having issues. If there is an answer buried in all the other comments can you help me? Yes, I can grab my phone and play a station from the app on my phone but that isn't as convenient as walking into a room and asking your speaker to play the music you want.

Help?

0 Kudos

789gbkj
Underground

I was one of the first to report this MONTHS ago and, perplexingly, it continues to be an issue for me too. The “new” name change fixes it for the one station that it started with but broke all the others. So instead of Alexa not finding one station out of 12, now it can’t find 11 out of 12. The fact that no one at these two so-called “tech” companies has adequately addressed this shows a high degree of incompetence. I’ve moved on to Spotify, hopefully Pandora advertisers will catch onto this which will motivate them to finally fix it.

0 Kudos

gaelicfish
Local Performer
Thank you for the input. This is affecting multiple stations already. So I
guess this is just going to suck for awhile.
0 Kudos

Debrannen
Underground
I agree, what the heck, this is Pandora and Amazon. Seriously!Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S10, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone
0 Kudos

Diamond in the Rough
Amazon & Pandora need to get their act together.
0 Kudos

Diamond in the Rough
Amazon & Pandora need to get their program together. Pandora has been buffering out too many times tonight. That is not what I expected when I purchased the echo dots.
0 Kudos

kevingeorgw8
Underground

So I’ve found a bit of a solution (though not entirely satisfactory). I’ve found that if I give the curated station a very specific name — in my case, I’ve added my name to it — so something like “John Smith’s Favorite Shuffle”, instead of just “Favorite Shuffle”, and then I ask in this order, “Alexa play John Smith’s Favorite Shuffle on Pandora”, then it finds and plays the station. I’ve tried that speaking order in a few ways, and this is the only order that has worked for me, and only when I added my name to the front of the station. Anyway, obviously it’s stupid to have to contort so much, but at least I get my curated stations playing again

Hat_Man_Dan
Local Performer

I am also having this issue and it extremely annoying. I have tried everything and I cannot get Alexa to play certain Pandora Stations. I can find them and play them on my phone, but Alexa says that she cannot find them. 

Will this issue ever be resolved? It seems to have been occurring for a few years according to this thread. 

0 Kudos