cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Fire TV: Unable to restart podcast episodes

Femmorpheus
Local Performer

I'm listening to Pandora on Firestick 4k.

I sometimes end up zoning out while listening, and like to be able to restart an episode, but it seems this isn't possible?? And, as an added bonus, if I just let the episode finish, and then try to play it again, it starts mid-episode, usually near the end. 

The only way I can get it to start *1* episode I've already heard at the beginning is by restarting my firestick. But that only works for 1 episode.... The next episode still starts midway through. 

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but despite having to reactivate the device, it still started mid-episode.

Surely there is a way to do this without having to restart my device everytime?

Please halp. Thx.

*UPDATE* hahaha, so, since I tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app, restarting my firestick no longer gets me back to the beginning of episodes. Am I going to need a different app for podcasts?? 

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Femmorpheus. 👋

Sorry for any trouble with Pandora on your Amazon Fire TV. I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account in case we need to share this information with our engineering team. 

Here are some steps to help troubleshoot:

1. Restart your device: To do this, just disconnect the power cord (from the back of the device or from the power outlet), and then plug it back in.
  2. Clear your app data:
    • From the Home screen, select Settings > Applications > Manage All Installed Applications;
    • Select Pandora from the list;
    • From here, clear the cache and/or data. This may help resolve various intermittent performance issues.

Note: clearing data doesn't delete the app itself, but will log you out of Pandora.

Let me know it how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos