cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Kindle Fire: Music plays off key

patwong8
Local Performer

I had the same experience that Pandora music was playing off-key as if the music came from a turntable with worn rubber wheel or belt.  Of course it was not.  😞  As I played along the music with a tuned guitar or a digital keyboard, Pandora music tended to be half-pitch off.  I could not say if it was 'faster' or 'slower' because I didn't have a reference point from the original music to compare with the source music key.  It happened more than 50% of the time so I thought it might have been due to the original vinyl record for old music but they also happened with CD-era music.  Since I could not match the key of my music instrument with the Pandora song, I ended up stopped playing along with the music.  Anyone who can confirm this?  I have a Amazon Fire but music pitch were not changeable due to erroneous bit-per-second rate or quality of the Internet.  My music instruments were tuned by chromatic tuner or with a tuner pitch pipe.  Thank you.

Pat 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
3 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@patwong8 I created a separate thread for your post since it sounds like you are experience a different issue.

Sorry for any trouble with Pandora on your Amazon Fire TV.

Here are some steps to help troubleshoot:

1. Restart your device: To do this, just disconnect the power cord (from the back of the device or from the power outlet), and then plug it back in.
  2. Clear your app data:
  • From the Home screen, select Settings > Applications > Manage All Installed Applications;
  • Select Pandora from the list;
  • From here, clear the cache and/or data. This may help resolve various intermittent performance issues.

Note: clearing data doesn't delete the app itself, but will log you out of Pandora.

3. Uninstall and Reinstall the app:

• From the Home screen, select Settings > Applications > Manage All Installed Applications.
  • Select Pandora from the list.
  • Click Uninstall.
  • Reinstall the app by returning to the Pandora app detail page.

Let me know if this helps.

0 Kudos

patwong8
Local Performer

Thank you for creating a separate thread for this unique "Music playing off key" issue.  My playback machine is an Amazon Kindle Fire dedicated solely to play Pandora music.  It has been working without flaw since 2011.  The 'drifted' music key issue has been continuing for a long time but it has not been brought up until now when I just couldn't play along with SOME OF THE MUSIC.

I did a test 30 minutes ago with music from 9 artists.  The "X" symbol below indicated undetermined musical note/key while "+" matched the key with the right frequency.  The matching test was based on a standard chromatic tuner which matches musical notes referenced to an KORG electronic keyboard and a KAWAI electronic organ just before the test.  The artists were selected from one of the Pandora channels:

X - Kevin kern

X - Louis Landon

+ - Secret Garden

? - Emaile Pandolfi

+ - Michael Dulin - Sonata 14

X - Kevin Kern - Secret Grove

X - Doug Hammer - Gabrielle

+ - Yiruma - First Love

+ - Ludovico Einanch - I Giorni

The best way to do further tests is to determine the key of the song used by the original artist BEFORE the broadcast and to compare the result AFTER from the receiving station.  Let me know if you would like to pursue.  Thanks. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@patwong8 Thanks for clarifying that this is happening on your Kindle device - not a TV.

I'm happy to help you troubleshoot.

First, I'd recommend that you restart your Fire tablet. To do that:

1. Press and hold the power button for two to three seconds until you see the message "Do you want to shut down your Fire?" Tap OK.
  2. After the device has completely turned off, press the power button for two to three seconds to turn your Fire tablet back on.
  3. Try the Pandora app again.

If you continue to have trouble:

1. Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Settings and then Apps & Games.
  2. Select Manage All Applications and then All.
  3. Clear your data for the Pandora application.
  4. Then launch the Pandora app again.

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos