cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Devices: Songs cuts off before track finishes

BluesFan2
Local Performer

Having a similar problem with songs from My Collection getting cut off well before they're supposed to end. The device is a FireTV stick with the Pandora Premium app installed. The router is very close by, and my internet connection is not the issue (since it seems endemic to particular tracks). When I play songs from My Collection, I can guarantee that just about anything by Robin Trower is going to get cut off. Same with 'Terrapin Station', and the same with anything in the collection by Yes. Happens every time. In addition, it is frequently the case that the 'shuffle' function in My Collection will get stuck in a loop and play the same thing over and over. It's weird and annoying.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @BluesFan2! Thanks for posting your experience. 

I’ve logged into your account from a Chrome browser and was unable to replicate the issue you’ve described. This implies that the issue is specific to your device or network connection at the time.

Have you had a chance to try some troubleshooting steps? If not, let's try the following steps to see if they help. I've also enabled a trace on your account to help investigate. 

1. Restart your device: To do this, just disconnect from the power source
  2. Clear your app data:
  • From the Home screen, select Settings > Applications > Manage All Installed Applications;
  • Select Pandora from the list;
  • From here, clear the cache and/or data. This may help resolve various intermittent performance issues.

Note: clearing data doesn't delete the app itself, but will log you out of Pandora.

3. Uninstall and Reinstall the app:

• From the Home screen, select Settings > Applications > Manage All Installed Applications.
  • Select Pandora from the list.
  • Click Uninstall.
  • Reinstall the app by returning to the Pandora app detail page.

Let me know how it goes.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Mike1970
Local Performer

I just posted about the same issue.  None of the resolutions suggested work (clear data, uninstall/reinstall).  I contacted Pandora User Support who is aware it’s an issue.  Basically said they have no idea how to resolve issue and I should cancel.

1. Using Fire TV
2. fire stick model E9L29Y
3. Notice it on longer songs…short songs seem to play fine.  Happens on any album with longer songs.
0 Kudos

Mike1970
Local Performer

Ended up canceling Pandora premium subscription and switched to Amazon Music until Pandora can resolve this issue.  Higher quality audio on Amazon Music is a nice bonus.

0 Kudos

Alphagirl
Up & Coming Artist
Ya it's really annoying
0 Kudos

Hiwata1
Local Performer

Why?  Watching on Amazon cube, and every "longer" song abruptly ends in the middle and starts the next song in the list.  Example:  In Memory of Elizabeth Reed by the Allman Brothers.  What can I do to fix this?  I am paying premium, and it happens on literally all songs exceed 8 to 10 minutes in length.  What's up?

a59yankee
Local Performer

Mine just cut off in the middle of Allman Bros, Mountain Jam. 😡

0 Kudos