cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple TV: Play/ Pause no longer responsive after an hour of playing.

johnmnagy
Diamond in the Rough

Posting at the request of PandoraDave. Good luck!

Long standing issue with APPLETV Pandora - The PLAY/PAUSE button on the remote (as well as the IR command) work normally for an hour or so... then stop working. You can tell the AppleTV hears the command, there's a tiny tiny gap when you try, then the music continues. At that point, there is no way to stop the music without forcing an app dismount (home-home, select Pandora page image and swipe away) or by switching to some other app that has sound that will override the Pandora music.

Unlike Pandora on other platforms, the AppleTV app screen interface itself offers no pause button nor a stop button, which seems strange in the first place, but the remote works... until it doesn't. This is a pain as the TV or amp has to be turned down or muted to make quiet.

One would think Pandora would prefer us to be able to stop the stream and not waste bandwidth when we aren't listening anymore rather than continuing to push bits into a black hole for a day or more before timing out.

Note that this condition remains, regardless of being topped or in screensave, regardless of how many skips used or available, and selecting a different "station" does not bring back the function. Once it won't pause, only an app restart brings it back.

I'm using APPLETV Pandora 2305.2.1 but the issue goes back at least 2 years. My AppleTV is running IOS version 16.4.1 (20L498) and my hardware is A1625 (32 GB).

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

johnmnagy
Diamond in the Rough

Oops. Tagging @DavePandora 

0 Kudos

johnmnagy
Diamond in the Rough

With Patch 3 for the FTUX issue (August 2023), it seems this PAUSE/PLAY fail issue is corrected. At least I can't seem to get it to fail since this patch. Kudos, even if accidental!

johnmnagy
Diamond in the Rough

Sorry to see that the PAUSE fail is back. After some hours of play, PLAY/PAUSE no longer does anything but give a 1/4 second gap in the audio. And it does not recover by selecting a new station. It DOES however recover if I force close the Pandora app (flick it away in the active apps list) and re-select Pandora. Interestingly, when I do re-launch Pandora, the same song resumes playing... which means to me that the session wasn't really ended. But for a while, PAUSE works again...

0 Kudos

johnmnagy
Diamond in the Rough

Seems to be no interest in this report... or anyone confirming the same for their experience. Huh.

0 Kudos