cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panasonic TV: Clock error message

MusicFan0179
Local Performer

As of today, when the Pandora App located directly on my Panasonic Viera TV (Model Number TC-60AS530U) is opened, a message box immediately pops up that reads,

"CLOCK ERROR

Please confirm clock setting."

There's no other option than to select "OK," and afterwards the message box closes, resulting in the Pandora App immediately closing.  Thus, no login for my account can be successfully completed after opening this Pandora App on my Panasonic Viera TV due to the Pandora App's immediate/disabling exit.

The clock on my Panasonic Viera TV is verified to be properly set to the current time and date as well as the latest firmware. To troubleshoot, I have uninstalled and then reinstalled the Pandora App, and have even reset my TV to the default settings, nonetheless this same CLOCK ERROR message persists. Resetting the modem and restarting the television doesn't get the Pandora App working properly as it had for years prior to today.

Please remedy.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
15 Replies

MusicFan0179
Local Performer

Starting today (14 Jun 2024), when the Pandora App located directly on my Panasonic Viera TV (Model Number TC-60AS530U) is opened, immediately a message box pops up that reads,

"CLOCK ERROR

Please confirm clock setting."

No other option than selecting "OK" is given, and then the message box closes, followed by the Pandora App immediately exiting/closing. Consequentially, a login for my account cannot be successfully completed after opening this Pandora App on my Panasonic Viera TV due to the Pandora App's immediate/disabling exit.

The clock on my Panasonic Viera TV is verified to be properly set to the current time and date (EST, Daylight Savings Time since I reside in Ohio). To troubleshoot, I have uninstalled and then reinstalled the Pandora App, and have even reset my TV to the default settings, nonetheless this same CLOCK ERROR message persists despite my TV's clock displaying the correct time and date.

Please remedy.

TannerPandora

Hi @MusicFan0179 

Welcome to community!

Definitely an interesting experience you're having and one that I have not come across before. Since Pandora doesn't have a clock feature it sounds like there is something else going on here. 

Since I don't believe troubleshooting would help to resolve this immediately, I'd like to report this to our engineering team for further investigation. Thanks for patience in the meantime.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

MusicFan0179
Local Performer

Thanks for reporting this to engineering. The problem still persists.

John1956
Local Performer

I am having the same problem.....Panasonic DMP-BDT350 and TV is theTC-P54VT25..?just started......was fine a few days ago

Causpenn
Local Performer

I am having the exact same issue with my Panasonic. So it’s not a device issue but must be software 

MusicFan0179
Local Performer

If this problem with Pandora gets resolved, please let us know.

Perhaps some kind of software update.

Bummer.

Hopefully, this gets resolved soon.
Maybe a bad software update was pushed out recently.
Please let us know under what conditions (or, after what steps you took to) resolved this problem with Pandora.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

MusicFan0179
Local Performer

Perhaps some kind of software update.

Please keep us informed if and how this problem with Pandora gets resolved.

0 Kudos

MusicFan0179
Local Performer

Bummer.
Hopefully, this gets resolved soon. 
Maybe a bad software update was pushed out recently.
Please let us know under what conditions (or, after what steps you took to) resolved this problem with Pandora. 

0 Kudos

deltadart48
Local Performer

I have two Panasonic tv's with different blu-ray players and they both have suddenly developed this problem as well. 

Gumbodog
Local Performer

I have a 10+ year old Panasonic DMP-BDP210 with network access to Pandora.  For the first time ever, I’ve received the “Clock Error” message described above.

Princedj01
Local Performer

I have the exact same problem. I have the 100 model Blu-ray 3D player. I also have the Pandora app on the matching Panasonic plasma TV. This also just happened to me about a week ago, and it is going on with both the TV and the Blu-ray player. I have tried absolutely everything including hard resets and everything else. I did pay a tech from a website who pretty much ran me through everything, and that took some back and forth for about 2 hours - and still not resolved. I ran the Pandora app through the Amazon fire stick, and that works fine. I don't know if this is something that Panasonic has done or what. But like everyone else, it has never been an issue up until about 5 or 6 days ago. I hope someone can resolve this quickly, if possible!

0 Kudos

John1956
Local Performer
Seems happening to a lot….. I don’t know if it’s Pandora or Panasonic.
Hope they fix it.

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

Micheos
Local Performer

This still isn't fixed. Any updates? 

0 Kudos

Grangke1
Local Performer

I have a 320 same story. Worked last week. Is this a Panasonic or Pandora issue? Neither have a clock set function I could find(other than setting DST on dvd)

0 Kudos

MusicFan0179
Local Performer

I've noticed some posts about Pandora on Vizio TV not working, so maybe Pandora pushed out some updates for their Apps on other devices (TVs, etc.) too hastily.

Especially since I'm now seeing some other brands of TVs in the Other Device Category being also posted, I'm thinking (and hoping) this is a problem with a recent mass update pushout from Pandora.

It's definitely been a rough week with Pandora's TV app not working, like I'm getting keto-flu after newly cutting out carbs--fortunately, nothing quite like the withdrawl scenes in The Basketball diaries yet.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos