cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can no longer browse Pandora on Alexa app

GTnH
Local Performer

When I try to browse my stations on Pandora through the Alexa Android app, I get a message that an update to the Alexa app is required.  Unfortunately I have the latest update.  This has occurred over the last two or three months.  Used 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@GTnH I recommend uninstalling/reinstalling the Alexa app to see if that resolves the issue.

If not, can you please do me a favor and send a picture of the error message that pops up?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

GTnH
Local Performer

This solution did not work.  I sent the error message and information earlier.  So far not solved, but I stay hopeful that a solution will be found.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@GTnH I do not see any attachments in your original message - I also checked with our support team, and they aren't seeing any prior contacts from you regarding this issue.

Can you please attach a screenshot of the error message you are seeing in a reply to this thread?

Thanks again for working with us on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

GTnH
Local Performer

I replied to your email via email rather than here which is why you may not have received it.  SorryBrowse Pandora in AlexaBrowse Pandora in Alexa. So here is the current status: I uninstalled and reinstalled the Alexa app. Still get the attached message (below) when I go to the Browse Pandora option when looking at the activity screen ( screen shot above). Phone is a Samsung S9+ with Android 10 and One UI version 2.0. I had cleared the cache also before I posted but that didn't help either.  Thanks for the help.  GeorgeAlexa Error MessageAlexa Error Message

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@GTnH Thanks for sending that over.

Do you see an update available for the Alexa app?

Here's how to update the Pandora app on your Android device:

1. Open the Google Play Store app.
  2. Touch the menu icon in the upper left and select My apps & games.
  3. Apps with available updates are labeled Update.
  4. Choose any appropriate apps and tap Update.

Tip: In some cases, you may need to restart your device to update an app.

Let me know if this helps. 

0 Kudos

GTnH
Local Performer

Adam, I keep everything updated regularly.  When I go to purposely update the Alexa app I get a "there is no update available" message.  Ditto with Pandora.  I never used to have this problem, but Alexa app updates have changed the whole appearance (and I am assuming functionality) so they may have done something. Amazon help hasn't really responded.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@GTnH Thanks for following up with that.

I'd like to escalate this over to our engineers, however I'd like to first confirm if you can still successfully stream Pandora through Alexa by asking Alexa to play something by voice?

To clarify, is the only issue that you are unable to "browse Pandora" within the Alexa app?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

GTnH
Local Performer

That appears to be the only problem at this time.  Haven't noticed anything else.  Just an inconvenience when I am trying to browse my stations while using Alexa.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@GTnH Thank you for confirming that with me.

I have escalated this over to our engineers so they can take a closer look.

Please keep an eye out on this thread as I will provide you with an update here when I receive more information.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 🤝

0 Kudos