cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish devices - Playback stops

Cornrod
Local Performer

Help Please,

Just recently my LG TV with a Wireless Joey when Playing Pandora stops after one song. It has for years ran fine. My other TV which is wired runs Pandora fine. I signed off and turned the TV and signed on Pandora. The problem still exists.

Thank you for helping me

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
106 Replies

DS92
Underground
I’m tired of it not working

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

jimbo_kirko
Local Performer

This proves DISH does not care about its customers!

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator Edit: Format

0 Kudos

nwpeach
Underground

Hi, I have had the same exact issue as described above, skipping, buffering, going silent, until i click on the “Pause” button and back to “Play” (same button), and sometimes it works and other times, it just skips to the next song.  I listen to Pandora as an app on my Dish Network.  This issue started a few months ago.  Your advice so far has been for folks listening on their tablets.  Do you have any advice for me?  I have signed off, unplugged my DVR and TV, but it doesn’t relieve the situation.

I listen strictly on my TV, thru the Dish app.

There have no error messages.

mod edit: merged comments

0 Kudos

DS92
Underground
I don’t understand why they can’t fix the problem, was working fine 6-8 months ago

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

nwpeach
Underground

As I said in my post, I listen to Pandora on my TV thru a Dish app.  I went thru my TV and DISH setting yesterday to see if there was a way to “clear cache” as someone recommended, but there is no such setting on my TV.  So, I don’t know how to make it quit skipping, spooling, pausing, etc.

++

It just skipped again, started a song and skipped to the very last few
notes. Kathy S.

++

I wrote on another blog here, but just to make sure Pandora sees it, I will write it here. I listen to Pandora only on my LG Oled TV thru my Dish Network app that was already loaded onto the TV. I have updated to latest software. I connect to Internet wirelessly. I have not rebooted my router or modem, but I don’t think that is the problem. So many people have posted about this exact same issue who use many, varied devices, I don’t think it is our devices. I think it is a glitch with the Pandora app across many devices. Mine just skipped again, 2 minutes ago. So, I think your engineers should look inward for fixes.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

DS92
Underground
I don’t understand what’s taking them so long to fix this problem

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

nwpeach
Underground

I agree. The skipping glitch is on too many varied devices to be the devices’ fault. It has to be within the pandora app itself, and their engineers need to figure out how to fix it! Hopefully sooner vs. later!

Moderator Edit: Format

DS92
Underground
It’s a problem from the hopper to the Joey s, because it works right on my hopper

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

rjbeam08
Underground
Mine fails on the hopper and the joey. But it’s much worse on the joey

Sent from my iPhone

Cornrod
Local Performer
Those of you that are on Dish Network having this problem is there such a thing as a Dish Network Community like Pandora Community?
0 Kudos

Cornrod
Local Performer
Sorry I am in the same boat and no solution. I going to see if I have a long enough ethernet cable from the hopper to run to my TV that has the wireless joey and see if I the problem continues. If does not I can go to Dish Network and have them send me a new wireless joey. Can you try this as well and see what happens? 
0 Kudos

nwpeach
Underground

I don't have any Joeys, only the DVR. I have 1 TV and watch and listen only on it.  And using an ethernet cable is not feasible.

No, not a Joey issue, as I do not have any Joeys.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

DS92
Underground
Already tried, didn’t work. Let me know if it works for you

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

hoganfish
Local Performer

Any updates on a solution Tanner. Mine has been skipping/freezing on Dish Hopper since the end of January. Xfinity/Dish said it is a Pandora app issue. I have already done the reset and re-logged back into my Pandora account on my Sony TV. Nothing fixes this issue. My phone Pandora works just fine, but not TV

0 Kudos

hoganfish
Local Performer

Diddo! Same with me but still skips and freezes.

0 Kudos

Cornrod
Local Performer
I have tried all the suggestions and Pandora will not work on my LG tv with Dish Network. Works on my other TVs just fine. The LG is on the Wireless Joey from Dish. I think that is problem.
0 Kudos

DS92
Underground
I have tried everything, still won’t work on my Joey

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

Cornrod
Local Performer
I have given up on this problem. I can bluetooth pandora from my phone to tv as my work around.
0 Kudos

megeurian
Underground

I'm also having this same issue...

0 Kudos

Cornrod
Local Performer
Sorry to hear you are experiencing the same problem. I have had to start streaming from Pandora my phone. So I know it has to be something between Dish Network and Pandora interface.

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos