Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Home: Requesting Station Plays Playlist

champs777
Underground

I have a bunch of Google Home Minis.
1 x Google Hub
2 x Google Homes

Each of them have the same issue. I have factor reset 3 to see if it fixes the issue. I have removed and re-added my pandora from google home 3 times. Nothing has worked. I have 3 stations.  Family Music (my own custom station), Today Hits, and Country Pop.

I say...hey Google
Play my radio station Family Music on Pandora

Here is your pandora playlist called family music playlist thumbs up

I say...hey Google
Play my radio station todays hits on pandora

Here is your pandora playlist called Today Hits thumbs up

I say...hey Google
Play my radio station Country Pop on pandora

Here is your Radio Station called Country Pop.

Of the 3, only the Country Pop, will play my Pandora Station. The other 2, Todays Hits and Family Music, play my thumbs up tracks on the station and not the station.  This is super annoying because they are sorted in descending order so it plays the last tracks i thumbed up. What am I doing wrong?  How can I play a Station by name on my Google devices? Thank you for the assistance!  This is driving me crazy! 😃

moderator edit: Changing title for clarity + format

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies

champs777
Underground

So I tried this today.  Just change the order of the words and I get the "playlist thumbs up"

I say...hey Google
Play my Country Pop radio station on pandora

Here is your pandora playlist called County Music thumbs up. Before I did this and got a different result.

I say...hey Google
Play my radio station Country Pop on pandora

Here is your Radio Station called Country Pop.

I have contacted google and they told me this was a Pandora issue.  Anyone have any ideas?  At this point i am stuck, if i want to listed to a station, having to start it on my phone and cast it to my device.  Not very convenient.  

mod edit: format

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @champs777. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this. I completely understand your frustration. I've gone ahead and shared your feedback with our engineering team on your behalf.

We are aware of this issue and are working with Google on a fix. In the meantime, we recommend editing the title of the playlist to remove "Radio" from the name of your "XXXX" Radio Thumbs Up playlist. 

To rename the playlist:

• Go to My Collection and tap the name of the playlist you'd like to edit.
  • Tap on the Edit icon below the album art.
  • Remove "Radio" from the title.
  • Make sure to Save when you're done.

You should now be able to use voice command to begin playing that station. 

Thanks for your patience while we work on this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

champs777
Underground

Hey @AlyssaPandora 

I really don't have many playlists.  I don't use them much.  I 100% don't use a playlist with the word "Radio" in it.  

If I was to guess, this is the system generated playlist of my thumbs up.  For example.  I say play Today's Hits....then i get this

Here is your pandora playlist called Today Hits thumbs up.  

I think hidden to me is a playlist called Today Hits Thumbs up.  This is how pandora tacks my likes.

Here are all of my playlists.

None of them have the word Radio.  None of them are called Today's Hits.

What else can i try 😃

0 Kudos

champs777
Underground

I reached out to Google thinking maybe this was an Assistant issue.  After a long chat conversation they asked me to reach back out to you for assistance.

If you need more example, let me know and I can try some more of my stations.   It is just super annoying to not have the ability to play any of my stations.

0 Kudos

Grelek93
Local Performer

Is there any update on this? It's still going on and I cant even find my Playlists, probably because I am not a premium subscriber but this is rather annoying, especially since this problem appears to have started years ago based off other posts I've found...

0 Kudos

champs777
Underground

@AlyssaPandora Is there a workaround to get a station that i have save to play on my Google devices?  I don't mind using any verbiage.  Having to use my phone to cast to my "Voice Activate" Google homes is pretty annoying.

0 Kudos

balckice131313
Local Performer

Add the words "radio" to the end like "play mikes sleep mix radio" I had the same issue but as soon as i added radio to the end of my command it works. The station in this example is "mikes sleep mix." If I do not say radio it will make a sleep station.

0 Kudos

balckice131313
Local Performer

the station is called "mikes sleep mix"

0 Kudos

djmedic913
Local Performer

When I play Pandora on a Google Home mini, it only plays a the auto-generated playlist Thumbs up. How do I get it to play the station again. I changed the name of the station but that didn't work. I deleted the station but that didn't work. Now I can't find this playlist. The playlist showed up under my recents but never under my playlists.

I want to play the station I create, and worked on, and fine tuned. NOT the play list Pandora created.

0 Kudos

mcurran64
Local Performer

I had the same problem with Today's hits. I'd ask google to play the station and it would play Today's hits thumbed up songs playlist or whatever. You need to say "Play today's hits REGULAR radio" and it works. This blog from 2019 is where I found it and it works. It's ridiculous, who would think to say that?

For some reason it won't let me post a link to the blog here. Google this: google home play pandora thumbs up instead of radio

Scroll down past the pandora help links (the first two I think) to the one that says: support.google.com on May 22, 2019

champs777
Underground

@mcurran64This works!  I have tried it on a couple and it helps! 

I say...hey Google

Here is your pandora playlist called Today Hits thumbs up

but.......if i say

I say...hey Google
Play Todays Hits Regular Radio on pandora

Here is your pandora station called todays hits!

This workaround rocks!  Thank for sharing!  Now......This is convoluted as he%#.  I had to write it down to make sure i don't forget.  how do we get this fixed?

I want to say this:

0 Kudos