cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Nest Hub: Received message "Your session with Nest Hub has ended" when using Chromecast

PMM
Local Performer

My paid Pandora account cannot Chromecast to my Google Nest Hub. I click the Chromecast button and click "Nest Hub". Pandora starts on the hub then immediately exits and returns to the Nest Hub idle screen. On my Android phone it reports "Your session with Nest Hub has ended."

I made a free account and it can Chromecast just fine. I went to my friend's house to use their Nest Hub and it's the same: my paid account doesn't work and my free account does. So it's not a problem with the Hub or my network, it seems to be a problem with the account.

I tried unlinking and relinking my Pandora account to the Nest Hub. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Pandora on my phone. I've been having this problem for a few months so it's not a recent change.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @PMM 

Welcome to community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with Chromcast on your Google Nest Hub. I'm happy to pass this along to our engineering team for further review and investigation.

In the meantime, if you haven't already, I recommend trying to following troubleshooting steps to see if they will help improve your experience.

1. Check to see if there are any updates available for your Pandora app and update if needed.
  2. Make sure your mobile device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast device.
  3. Try reinstalling or clearing app data for Pandora on your device.
  4. Restart your Chromecast device by unplugging the power source and plugging it back in.
  5. Restart the Pandora app on your device.
  6. Run the Chromecast app to set up your Chromecast device again.

If you are still having trouble with Chromecast, please refer to Google's support page here.

Thanks for being part of community!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

PMM
Local Performer

Thanks! but I'm still stuck. All good suggestions and I just tried them all but same problem.

I also made a new free account with a new email address and it works fine. It seems to be something about my paid account. My paid account is over 10 years old -- maybe it's broken because the account is so old?

I can see it start Pandora on the Hub and it looks like it's going to play but then just drops back to the Hub's idle screen. I suspect the Hub fails to connect to the Pandora servers but then I don't know why only my paid account has the problem.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @PMM!

Thanks for the follow up.

Sorry to hear those steps didn't help. Also, thanks for the troubleshooting, definitely an interesting experience.

I'm happy to pass this along to our engineering team for further review and investigation. While I don't have any additional steps that may offer an immediate resolution, I appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Boogerface12345
Local Performer

We just signed up for Pandora Premium Family plan, and it will not allow us to cast to any of our Google Home devices either. I have a free account that does work fine. Tried all the trouble shooting steps suggested above, but as soon as I click on a device to cast Pandora too, it says "Your session with Device has ended ", it never even began. Then I have to force the app to stop, open the app back up, disconnect it from the device for the music to start playing again on my phone.

0 Kudos

jasonagorski
Local Performer

I have this same issue, please fix!!!

Pandora app on the hub just appears to freeze on title screen.

0 Kudos

PMM
Local Performer

Hi @jasonagorski ,

I made a new account using Pandora's trial subscription. Before I signed up, the free account could Chromecast. As soon as I started the trial subscription, Chromecast stopped working. It's clearly a problem with paid accounts.

Unfortunately, I haven't heard back from the Pandora team since Dec 2023 so I'm not sure they're working on it. Eventually I moved to Spotify. Spotify's recommendations aren't as smooth but they have no trouble with Chromecasting.

0 Kudos