cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG TV: App gets stuck when ads play

mishazmilk_2000
Local Performer

Pandora on LG is borderline unsatisfactory and it’s getting worse.

I can live with the ads. But now they’re getting stuck at about the 20 second mark and then it takes about 30 seconds to 1 minute to start back up to complete the ad. 

And the music selection is WAY off sometimes. For example, if I’m listening to The Skatalites station (ska, dub) it starts playing COUNTRY! And not the cool country music (Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, etc) it plays the unlistenable country music… sorry country fans. And sometimes it’ll play Christian Rock?!?! On my Ska station?!?! C’mon now… 

Is there anything I can do to fix this? If not, are improvements are coming? 

Thanks

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mishazmilk_2000 Nice to see you around the Community.

App gets stuck when ads play:

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps:

First make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

If you're still having the same problem, then please try a few standard network troubleshooting steps:

• Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi (if you have this option on your device), and see if that helps.
  • Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device.
  • Try removing and re-adding the app (if this is possible on your device).

You can also contact the manufacturer directly to troubleshoot your specific device and settings.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hearing out of place tracks on The Skatalites Radio:

The next time it happens, please give the out of place track that plays a thumbs down and write us back with the following:

• The name of the station you were listening to: The Skatalites
  • The date/time the out of place track(s) played
  • The name(s) of the out of place artist(s) on the station.
  • The title(s) of the out of place track(s) that played.
  • Were you able to give the out of place track(s) a Thumbs down?
  • Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?

Also if possible, please grab a screenshot of the out of place track that plays, and send that in a reply to this message.

Thanks for the help!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mishazmilk_2000 Nice to see you around the Community.

App gets stuck when ads play:

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps:

First make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

If you're still having the same problem, then please try a few standard network troubleshooting steps:

• Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi (if you have this option on your device), and see if that helps.
  • Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device.
  • Try removing and re-adding the app (if this is possible on your device).

You can also contact the manufacturer directly to troubleshoot your specific device and settings.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hearing out of place tracks on The Skatalites Radio:

The next time it happens, please give the out of place track that plays a thumbs down and write us back with the following:

• The name of the station you were listening to: The Skatalites
  • The date/time the out of place track(s) played
  • The name(s) of the out of place artist(s) on the station.
  • The title(s) of the out of place track(s) that played.
  • Were you able to give the out of place track(s) a Thumbs down?
  • Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?

Also if possible, please grab a screenshot of the out of place track that plays, and send that in a reply to this message.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos