cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku: Unexpected Error

jwwj232
Local Performer

There are several threads on this topic. Have been listening for a couple hours today then the music stopped. Received the unexpected error message. App works on all other devices expect Roku stick. Tried all the suggestions from removing the app, restarting modem and router, loading app and login using email. Nothing works. Very disappointing.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jwwj232 @SpudRacer65 I've enabled a trace on both of your accounts to help further investigate.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more.

First, check for an update to the Roku software: https://support.roku.com/article/208755668-how-to-update-the-software-on-your-roku-streaming-device

Then, delete the Pandora channel from My Channels, and add it back from the Channel Store. When deleting, you should be asked to sign back in.

If available on your TV, please try connecting directly with an Ethernet cable rather than WiFi.

If you continue to run into trouble, can you please give me the time and date playback stopped and which station you were listening too.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Additionally, can you let me know the following:

• What Roku software version is your device using? (Settings > System > About)
  • What Pandora channel version are you on? (Highlight the Pandora channel icon and select the * key.)

Let me know what you find or if you have any trouble.

View solution in original post

18 Replies

SpudRacer65
Local Performer

Same here. Roku3 & RokuExpress both worked fine last month. Please lmk if/when I get a fix!

Thanks,

SR65

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jwwj232 @SpudRacer65 I've enabled a trace on both of your accounts to help further investigate.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more.

First, check for an update to the Roku software: https://support.roku.com/article/208755668-how-to-update-the-software-on-your-roku-streaming-device

Then, delete the Pandora channel from My Channels, and add it back from the Channel Store. When deleting, you should be asked to sign back in.

If available on your TV, please try connecting directly with an Ethernet cable rather than WiFi.

If you continue to run into trouble, can you please give me the time and date playback stopped and which station you were listening too.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Additionally, can you let me know the following:

• What Pandora channel version are you on? (Highlight the Pandora channel icon and select the * key.)

Let me know what you find or if you have any trouble.

banjojar
Local Performer

Have used Pandora on 3 tvs in my home (depending which room I may be in). One at a time. As of a couple weeks ago it stopped working on the two Roku TVs.  Still works on my LG unit.  Have removed and reloaded several times.  Continue to get message "Unexpected error".  Again, Have used on these units for a long time.  Help?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @banjojar - welcome to community!

Sorry you're having trouble with your Roku. Let's try some troubleshooting to see if it will help. I've enabled a trace to help me investigate.

First, let's reboot your Roku using the following steps:

• Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  • Scroll to select Settings.
  • Next select System and then Power.
    • If you don't see Power, skip to the next step.
  • Finally, select System Restart.

Let me know how it goes.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

SpudRacer65
Local Performer

Solution worked after I rebooted my Roku, and added Pandora to my new Roku Express.

Thanks,

SpudRacer65

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Awesome! Thanks so much for letting us know, @SpudRacer65. Sounds like you're back to listening.

Let us know if you continue to have trouble. In the meantime, enjoy the tunes! 🎶

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Blackbin
Local Performer

I have the same issue as mentioned in this thread. I have a Pandora plus account, and get the “unexpected error” on my Roku app when trying to play any/all my stations. I ensured the Pandora app and Roku software were up-to-date in software, I removed then re-added the pandora app to Roku, I logged out and logged in again after adding the app back to Roku, still no stations will play. 

image.jpg

0 Kudos

Electricrph
Local Performer

Just started getting the “UNEXPECTED ERROR “ tonight. I have rebooted my router, my Roku , deleted and reinstalled Pandora .. and verified current versions of software.  Just when I was thinking about upgrading this happens .. not sure what else to do.  

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Electricrph Welcome to community! 👋

I was just looking at your account and the last connection with a Roku device with your Pandora account was back in 2022. If you've recently uninstalled, you should have been asked to log back in.

Can you please sign out of the Pandora app, then uninstall and reinstall the app once more.

Then I would try rebooting your Roku using the following steps:

If you're still having trouble after these steps, can you let me know the following info, I'll be sure to pass this along to our engineering team.

• What is the model?
  • What is the serial number? (Settings > System > About)

Thanks for the help.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Jdra45
Local Performer

The error was "Unexpected Error"

The action was indicated "OK" or "Close"

The station was always the same "Two Steps from Hell"

I use the Pandora app 4-6 times a week for about 1.5 hours each time. I
receive the error message once or twice each time.

CDR John Drake USN (RET)

Moderator Edit: Format and personal information

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the follow up, @Jdra45  I've enabled a trace on your account to help me take a closer look. Please try the following troubleshooting steps to see if they will help.

Rebooting your Roku:

when your Roku has restarted, please sign out of the Pandora app, then uninstall and reinstall the app.

Once logged back in, try Pandora once more.

If you're still having trouble after these steps, can you let me know the following info, I'll be sure to pass this along to our engineering team.

• What is the model?

Thanks for the help.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

answerpi
Local Performer

(Resolved) Roku: Error message:"Unexpected error: An unexpected Error has occurred..."

I know the previous posts stated this issue was resolved, but I just bought a new Roku Express 4K and I am receiving this message when attempting to launch Pandora. I have confirmed software updates, removed and readded the app, rebooted everything, still getting this error. I have an older Roku in another room on the same account and Pandora launches and plays fine on it. 

Appreciate any help you can provide.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@answerpi I moved your post over to this existing thread: Roku: Unexpected Error

I took a look at your account and the last connection with a Roku device with your Pandora account was back in 2019. If you've recently uninstalled, you should have been asked to log back in.

Can you please sign out of the Pandora app, then uninstall and reinstall the app once more.

Then I would try rebooting your Roku using the following steps:

• What is the model?

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

JeffM0307
Local Performer

I've been having the same problem for a while now.  I have done the uninstall, restart roku, reinstall method and nothing has changed.  I even did a system update check and the roku is up to date.  Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JeffM0307 Sorry for the trouble.

We are happy to help look into this further - can you please let us know the following:

Thanks for your patience.

0 Kudos

JeffM0307
Local Performer

Roku software 12.5.5

Pandora version 6.5, build 0

0 Kudos

JJW87
Local Performer

I am having the same issue as JeffM0307. I also have the same Roku software and Pandora version. When we open in the app, we are not even given an opportunity to sign in. It goes straight to the Unexpected Error message.

Roku software 12.5.5

Pandora version 6.5, build 0

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @JJW87 

Welcome to community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Roku. I've passed along your details to your engineering team for further investigation.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos