cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart TV - Tracks speed up

filbert
Underground

Has anyone else noticed songs playing faster than normal with accompanying higher in pitch,  like a record playing on a turntable spinning too fast?  This happened last night on two tvs and my computer and Bluetooth was NOT involved.  Thanks.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
18 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @filbert! Thanks for posting. 

I haven't heard of this before when playing music. Do you happen to know what station this happened on and an example of the song(s)? I can take a closer look at the content. 

Can you also let me know the make and model of your TVs and computer? Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

HunterT3001
Local Performer

Good Day

I am noticing that more and more on pandora. Classic songs I've heard my whole life, I can tell they are speeding up the play. Not enough to distort the song, as in your example of a record playing on wrong speed, BUT the songs tempo(?) is quicker. I know they started many years ago doing this with radio play and even some TV shows to be able to cram in more advertising time. I don't understand why they are doing this on Pandora as I pay for the no ads...unless they are doing to all songs to cover the subscriber who don't pay monthly and consequently listen to ads too.

I think it's an awful practice. People who don't know the original songs will just think that's the normal sound. 

TannerPandora

Hi @HunterT3001! Thanks for posting your experience to community. 👋🏻🎧

We don't alter music on Pandora from how it appears on the original releases. I'm happy to further investigate this. 

Can you tell me a little more information?

• The name of the station where this occurred.
  • The name(s) of the artist(s).
  • The title(s) of the track(s).
  • If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  • If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
    • What is the Pandora version that is on the device (If you need help finding this, let me know)?

Thanks for the help.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Prittykitten
Local Performer

I can change stations and the songs are still playing at a faster tempo. I have unpaired and repaired my head phones as well with no luck.  

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Prittykitten! Thanks for posting to community.

Does this only happen when using your BT headphones or on other devices too?

Can you let me know the make and model of the device you're using along with the Pandora version you're on?

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

filbert
Underground
It happened on my 2014 Sony BraviaTV and my LG 55UN7300 TV.  It only happened once, so I let it go.   It was in the middle of the night.  I have Pandora Plus.

TannerPandora

Glad to hear it wasn't an on going thing, @filbert. Not sure what happened but let us know if it happens again in the future. 

Happy Friday! 😄

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Grinder12000
Underground

What's up with the streaming apps on Smart TVs - it's like they are playing everything and a fast speed.  Ever hear Pink Floyd FAST?    Can't even listen anymore 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hey @Grinder12000! Thanks for posting your experience. 

Can you tell me a bit more about your device?

• What is the make and model?
  • What happens when you open Pandora?
  • Are you connected through WiFi or Ethernet?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Grinder12000
Underground

Only  our Sony XBR 55X700D "Smart" TV for me . WiFi  everything else is fine   all stations, all songs - started about a week ago and this summer it happened also.  Blu tooth is fine, car radio is fine - over the phone is fine - ONLY  on our Sony 

From the community

"Has anyone else noticed songs playing faster than normal with accompanying higher in pitch,  like a record playing on a turntable spinning too fast?  This happened last night on two tvs and my computer and Bluetooth was NOT involved."

"I am noticing that more and more on pandora. Classic songs I've heard my whole life, I can tell they are speeding up the play. Not enough to distort the song, as in your example of a record playing on wrong speed, BUT the songs tempo(?) is quicker." 

Happened this summer also 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the for the follow up, @Grinder12000. I've merged your post with a similar thread here, to keep things tidy. 

I've also enabled a trace on your account to help investigate. Would you mind running through some of our troubleshooting while this trace is enabled. 

Make sure your Sony has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. Then please try a few standard network troubleshooting steps:

• Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi (if you have this option available)
  • Turn off the Sony, disconnect your modem and router for 5 minutes, reconnect and try again.
  • If it's possible on your Sony, uninstall and reinstall the Pandora app.

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Grinder12000
Underground

You know - thinking out loud here - Our Sony just had a firmware update PRAYING to get APPLE TV but NO! last week and I bet we had not used it since then. 

As far as I know the app came with the TV not a clue how to uninstall it We thought it was  DIRECT TV thing since we never  actually have logged in.  We've always wondered how it knew our stations (not that it has all of them).  

Will disconnect and connect at some point - time to reboot  LOL  Thanks 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@Grinder12000 Do you have a DirecTV device hooked up to your Sony?

Apple TV is great, it's what I use at home, but it doesn't support Plus or Premium features. 😥

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Grinder12000
Underground

APPLE TV is awesome - best of the services but our Sony upstairs won't get it. 

unplugged the modem and rebooted - no change - this all started after the latest firmware update last week.  

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for trying, @Grinder12000.

Just to confirm, the Pandora app is located on the Sony TV and not another device like DirecTV?

In the meantime, I've passed along your experience and info to our engineering team for further investigation. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Grinder12000
Underground

I believe the app came with the Sony, we never downloaded it or anything. It's with a bunch of other apps we never use or don't know what they are.  Just like our LG TV - never down loaded it or have never had to never log in that we can remember.  That was why we thought it was a DIRECT TV thing   

Its CERTAINLY not as good as our Pandora on our phones.  Zero features, just a quarter of our stations.  

0 Kudos

kingces95
Local Performer

Streaming Pandora Theivery Corporation to HomePod (orig) all tracks/artists def has faster tempo. I'm not even a music junky and I can tell it's faster. 2108.1.1 is the version of pandora on my phone. I pay.

0 Kudos

VP0734
Local Performer

I have been having issues with Pandora playing at 1.5 to 2 times the regular speed. Some of the songs and advertisements are distorted to the point of barely being able to understand the words.  I am using the website on a Dell OptiPlex 3070 running Windows 10.  I have tried playing via WiFi and via Ethernet.  Neither makes a difference.

0 Kudos