cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonos: Unable to control playback through Pandora app

TheTheThe
Underground

Hi Pandora Community:

I can't get Pandora to have direct control of Sonos like Spotify connect. Does anybody out there have this working properly? Or is it just me?  I've been around and around with tech-support for Pandora & Sonos.  

Basically, I can start playing a song on Pandora, click the cast button and send it to someone else. Everything plays fine, but after a few minutes I can no longer control the music playing on Sonos. The controls get grayed out, and the album artwork doesn't change when the song advances.  Station continues to play, but I have no control.

Pandora works fine from the Sonos app, and direct control from Spotify--> Sonos works normally.  Airplay from Pandora works fine as does Pandora casting to Chromecast devices. It's only Pandora to Sonos that fails.

Is anybody else having this problem?  I've done all the troubleshooting you can imagine, all apps and devices are updated, everything's been restarted multiple times.  I tried it at a friends house, and also had the same problem. So it doesn't seem like it's my network.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

TannerPandora

HI @TheTheThe! Thanks for posting and sorry for any trouble with your Sonos.

To confirm, you're casting to your Sonos from the Pandora app on your mobile device, however the controls grey out and you're not long able to control playback but the music continues to play?

Since you've already tried some troubleshooting I'm happy to pass this along to our engineering team for further investigation.

Can you let me know the following:

• Make and model of your mobile device
  • OS version
  • Pandora app version

Thanks for the help!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Bugplanet
Local Performer

96E07BEA-1C1E-431C-AFC3-FC242ABFC13D.png

iPhone 12 Pro,  iOS16.2

Pandora app v. 2212.1

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Bugplanet! Thanks for posting.

To confirm are you having the same trouble casting to Sonos from the Pandora app? Do the controls grey out and the app buffers?

Do you have any trouble playing with the Sonos app?

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TheTheThe
Underground

Yes the problem is casting from the Pandora app to Sonos.

airplay from the Pandora app to Sonos works, Spotify connect to Sonos works.

Playing directly from the Sonos app is fine. 

The only problem seems to be “direct control “ from the Pandora app to Sonos

0 Kudos