cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Blu-ray: Thumbs up/down no longer work

rgartmayer
Local Performer

Hi. I listen to Pandora through the built-in app on my Sony BDP-S380 Blu-Ray player.  I have always had the ability to select thumbs up/down using the Options button on the remote (RMT-8115A).  Lately those functions do not work.  The small spinning wheel that usually indicates buffering just spins until the song is done playing, but never actually bookmarks the song (or skips it).  Is this a Pandora-Sony interface issue?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @rgartmayer!

Welcome to community!

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before reaching out? If so, can you let me know what you've tried.

For your particular model is it possible to sign out and back in again?

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

rgartmayer
Local Performer

Hello!

I rebooted the Blu-Ray by unplugging it, and replaced the batteries in the remote.  I will try to see if I can log out/in and see what that does.  I will let you know.  Thanks.

0 Kudos

rgartmayer
Local Performer

@TannerPandora 

I logged out of all my Pandora accounts, and then went through the process of re-registering and linking my Pandora account to my Sony account.  It did not fix the problem.  It's as if the device goes into a buffering loop.  Previously, when it worked, if I selected Thumbs Up or Down, the buffer wheel would appear in the top right corner of the screen and then clear once the command was received, and the song playing displayed it had been Thumbed Up.  Now the buffer wheel just spins until the song is done, and goes away when the next song starts playing.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @rgartmayer!

Thanks for trying that out.

Sorry to hear signing out and in didn't help. I don't believe that any other steps I could potentially offer would help to resolve this immediately. I've gone ahead and reported this to our engineering team for further review and investigation.

Thanks for your patience!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport