Can someone help me with this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Steve8765 I'd recommend signing out of your Pandora on your Alexa app and then back in again, to ensure you're logged in with the correct account.

To do this:

1. Launch the Amazon Alexa App on your mobile device.
  2. Tap the Menu button in the top left corner and then choose Settings.
  3. Select Music and tap Pandora.
  4. Select Disable Skill. Then tap Enable to sign back in with the correct Pandora account. (Let me know if you need me to reset your password for you.)

If you are still getting ads after confirming you are logged in with the correct address, can you tell me a bit more about the advertising you are receiving?

Is it for a specific brand or artist? Are you hearing them while listening to podcasts?

Let me know.

View solution in original post

14 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Steve8765 I'd recommend signing out of your Pandora on your Alexa app and then back in again, to ensure you're logged in with the correct account.

To do this:

4. Select Disable Skill. Then tap Enable to sign back in with the correct Pandora account. (Let me know if you need me to reset your password for you.)

If you are still getting ads after confirming you are logged in with the correct address, can you tell me a bit more about the advertising you are receiving?

Is it for a specific brand or artist? Are you hearing them while listening to podcasts?

Let me know.

Steve8765
Local Performer

That seems to work. Thank you very much for your reply!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy to hear that, @Steve8765. 😁

Hope we continue to see you around the Community!

0 Kudos

Diamond in the Rough

I just upgrade to pandora Plus , why am I still hearing ads?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@378018 Could you confirm that you are logged into your upgraded account on your device?

Sometimes, it may help to sign out of Pandora, and then sign back in using the email address associated with your upgraded account.

If you are still seeing ads after confirming you are logged in with the correct address, can you tell me a bit more about the advertising you are seeing?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Diamond in the Rough
Using alexa echo dot 3.
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@378018 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus on Alexa

I'd recommend signing out of your Pandora on your Alexa app and then back in again, to ensure you're logged in with the correct account.

To do this:

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Diamond in the Rough
My staff did that earlier, and now I can't get my devices to stream pandora. I AM FRUSTRATED!
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@378018 I understand you were previously experiencing issues with hearing ads despite being upgraded to Pandora Plus.

To clarify, are you now running into a new issue where Pandora won't stream through your Alexa device at all?

The more details you're able to provide, the better equipped I'll be to help.

I look forward to hearing back.

0 Kudos

Diamond in the Rough
Not any more, I had to reconnect my tablet to internet, that was the problem. Pandora streaming fine now, w/o ads.

Thanks

Lori

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@378018 Glad to hear things are back up and running again.

If this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know.

Thanks for listening!

0 Kudos

Diamond in the Rough

I am also hearing ads after upgrading to Pandora Plus, MAKE ALEXA STOP PLAYING ADS!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@378018 I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

Please keep an eye out for their next email reply, and they will be happy to further assist.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

0 Kudos

Diamond in the Rough
I ended up cancelling Pandora Plus and will go back to Free Pandora once trial period expires. I am not paying for ads, nor am I paying for tech issues such as Alexa can't find a station (101 Strings Orchestra Radio). I deleted it and renamed it for a similar artist. My point is you are responsible for tech issues. Don't put it all on your users, if you want to keep users.
0 Kudos