cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ad Feedback - Spanish Ads

RickNubbz
Local Performer

This is very annoying. Apparently Pandora has more Spanish speaking listeners in my area than English. I get. Orr Spanish ads than English. 

that balcony about the ad operations team working on a solution. I have a solution - cut down the number of Spanish speaking ads. 

Labels (1)
231 Replies

francisew
Underground

Thanks @AdamPandora, I had another spanish ad yesterday. There was no image attached to the ad (screenshot below). I think this one was also a Metro by TMobile ad, I caught that it was talking about the IPhone 13. I was listening to the Bjork Radio channel. It was June 13, 2022 at about 11:01 AM EST.

Screenshot_20220613-110140-947.jpg

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

I will pass on this additional report to our Ads team so they can look into it further, @francisew.

I really appreciate your help with all of this. 🤝

francisew
Underground

@AdamPandoraI very much appreciate you looking into it. 👍

Trying to fix anything without data is very hard. It seems like at least a part of the issue for me is that someone is placing TMobile ads without properly tagging their language (or content type- like audio from youtube video ads). This doesn't seem like something TMobile itself would be doing, it seems more likely that a reseller is ripping their ad content and (poorly) targeting the spanish market. I am curious if this is only affecting Pandora, or if it's also on other platforms. It seems that an ad review process somewhere is very broken, as the issue has persisted for a long time.

francisew
Underground

Hi @AdamPandora,

TMobile spanish strikes again, at 5:14 pm EST, 6/15/2022 while listening to Deadmau5 Radio.

Thanks!

T-Mobile spanish ad strikes again.T-Mobile spanish ad strikes again.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

This is very helpful, @francisew.

We appreciate you working with us on all of these.

I've passed this additional screenshot along to our Ads team who is currently looking into it.

JayBee45
Local Performer

Same Gillette Clear gell commercial in Spanish plays continually on my Pandora no matter what station it is.  I’m about to delete my Pandora App if it keeps happening.   I can’t take it anymore!

0 Kudos

Carlitto
Local Performer

I don't live in a Spanish-speaking area. My name happens to be Latino. I speak Portuguese since I am from Brazil. I find it insulting that you automatically assume I am Hispanic and play all my ads in Spanish. Why not allow customers to self-identify in their accounts? Your advertisers are wasting their money on your platform if you don't target the customers that they want. Its been several users and this problem continues to persist. I'm getting ready to dump Pandora soon due to this quirk.

0 Kudos

Quint1968
Underground

I quit Pandora.

0 Kudos

ryan_ogden
Underground

This post shows Solved, but I do not see it. Is there a fix? I have this issue on Pandora.com w Google Chrome browser. Nothing really to show w/ a screen shot, as there is just a black box with the word Advertisement. The most recent ad I heard in Spanish just now is from Chase.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ryan_ogden That screenshot would still be helpful for us on our end - can you please send us a screenshot of the next Spanish ad that plays on your account and send it in a reply to this message?

Also, please confirm in your reply if it is still the Chase ad you mentioned.

Thanks for all your help with this!

0 Kudos

Carlitto
Local Performer
A screenshot won't help. I would say that 20 percent on my ads are in
Spanish. I listen to Brazilian music. Obviously your staff thinks
Portuguese and Spanish is the same language. Also, my name is Hispanic
sounding so something tagged me as a Spanish speaker. But I'm from Brazil.

So not just the Chase ad. Lots of various ads.

Carlos

ryan_ogden
Underground

Thank you for your response @AdamPandora.

I don't see how this will possibly help your team in any way, but there is a screenshot below. Yes, the only ad I've noticed in Spanish is from Chase, but there could be others.

Thank you

Screen Shot 2022-08-05 at 12.08.48 PM.png

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Carlitto These reports are all looked at on a case by case basis.

If you are receiving multiple Spanish ads on your account, then we would need to escalate each one you are receiving to the appropriate team so they can further investigate.

The next time a Spanish ad plays on your account, please send over:

• a screenshot of the Spanish ad (feel free to send multiple screenshots of each different Spanish ad if you are receiving more than one)
  • the date and time that ad played on your account
  • the name of the station or podcast you were listening to when that Spanish ad played

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ryan_ogden Thanks so much for sharing your feedback.

I have passed your message along to our Ads team for further review.

We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us about this!

0 Kudos

jaecoleman
Local Performer

Well, Spanish ads help me ignore them, so there's that for me. But I think the worst thing is Pandora has  companies paying for those ads and they aren't hitting home. I love international music, and listen to a lot of Jesse Cook and Ottmar Liebert, but means nothing about my language preferences. In fact, Ottmar is a GERMAN Spanish guitar player, and yet no German ads..... 😄 . That would make about as much sense as not adding a simple way to toggle or radio button your language in your profile 

NavyNate
Opening Act

Exactly! I am the same way. I listen to music in a lot of languages I don't speak, but why am I not getting ads in Russian or German? 

Even more curious: why does Pandora call this solved when it's still happening to so many of us?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jaecoleman @NavyNate These reports are all looked at on a case by case basis.

If you are receiving multiple Spanish ads on your account, then we would need to escalate each one you are receiving to the appropriate team so they can further investigate.

The next time a Spanish ad plays on your account, please send over:

• a screenshot of the Spanish ad (feel free to send multiple screenshots of each different Spanish ad if you are receiving more than one)
  • the date and time that ad played on your account
  • the name of the station or podcast you were listening to when that Spanish ad played

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

JayBee45
Local Performer
The only way I got it to stop was I created this new account. In doing so I lost all my past history and thumbs/likes but it was worth it not to hear a Spanish Gillette clear gel commercial 50 times!

Sent from my iPhone

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JayBee45 The issue with that particular Gillette ad should be resolved.

Try switching back to your old account, and if that ad (or any other Spanish ads) continues to play please let us know.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

BudD
Local Performer

Could you add a toggle in settings or even a dropdown for language preferences? I too think this is extremely irritating when I am unable to understand an advertisement and it's pointless if you don't speak the language. I did see a post from someone else on a work around changing the zip but again pointless if it is an advertisement so far out of my area I will never consider traveling to whatever zip I put in.