cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ads from musical artists

kd-massage
Local Performer

I pay for pandora plus, but I am still getting occasional ads from Artist's inviting me to listen to their station.  Is there a way to turn that off?  It is not working for me..... 

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @kd-massage. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this. I can help out with managing those artist messages. 

Artist + Curator Messages: 

These are messages made by artists or curators on Pandora, alerting you of new music, tours in your area, or just thanking you for listening. You have the option of disabling Artist or Discovery Messages to prevent them from playing on your account.

To do that on a mobile device:

1. Go to Profile.
  2. Tap the Settings gear in the top right corner and then Advanced.
  3. Scroll down to Artist Audio Messages. If they are enabled, you will see something like Playing on 15 Stations. Tap that to view which stations have these messages enabled.
  4. If there's a particular artist you'd like to continue to hear from, or who you think you might like to see in concert, I'd recommend disabling the artist messages on a station-by-station basis. 
    1. If you'd prefer to remove all the messages instead, simply turn off the Play Artist Audio Messages toggle.

To do that from your computer:

1. Click the icon (initial or picture) in the top right corner of the page.
  2. Select Settings, then Content Settings.
  3. Toggle the switch to turn Artist Audio Messages Off, or if you'd like to disable these messages for specific stations, uncheck individual boxes underneath Play Artist Audio Messages.

Pandora for Business:

Pandora is available and optimized for use in business settings through Mood Media, with features like unlimited listening, no advertising, and a media player that can connect to your existing sound system.

Additionally, due to the terms of our music licenses, the consumer version of the Pandora service (including Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium) cannot legally be used to play music in a commercial or public setting. Any Pandora listening that isn't personal and private, even for non-profit or tax exempt organizations, must be properly licensed through Mood Media, which fairly compensates artists, authors, composers, publishers and other rightsholders.

Use of Pandora in these settings is available only via hardware sold by Mood Media. To learn more or sign up, click here.

I hope this information is helpful. Happy listening! :pandora:

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (04.29.24)

View solution in original post

1 Reply

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @kd-massage. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this. I can help out with managing those artist messages. 

Artist + Curator Messages: 

These are messages made by artists or curators on Pandora, alerting you of new music, tours in your area, or just thanking you for listening. You have the option of disabling Artist or Discovery Messages to prevent them from playing on your account.

To do that on a mobile device:

1. Go to Profile.
  2. Tap the Settings gear in the top right corner and then Advanced.
  3. Scroll down to Artist Audio Messages. If they are enabled, you will see something like Playing on 15 Stations. Tap that to view which stations have these messages enabled.
  4. If there's a particular artist you'd like to continue to hear from, or who you think you might like to see in concert, I'd recommend disabling the artist messages on a station-by-station basis. 
    1. If you'd prefer to remove all the messages instead, simply turn off the Play Artist Audio Messages toggle.

To do that from your computer:

1. Click the icon (initial or picture) in the top right corner of the page.
  2. Select Settings, then Content Settings.
  3. Toggle the switch to turn Artist Audio Messages Off, or if you'd like to disable these messages for specific stations, uncheck individual boxes underneath Play Artist Audio Messages.

Pandora for Business:

Pandora is available and optimized for use in business settings through Mood Media, with features like unlimited listening, no advertising, and a media player that can connect to your existing sound system.

Additionally, due to the terms of our music licenses, the consumer version of the Pandora service (including Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium) cannot legally be used to play music in a commercial or public setting. Any Pandora listening that isn't personal and private, even for non-profit or tax exempt organizations, must be properly licensed through Mood Media, which fairly compensates artists, authors, composers, publishers and other rightsholders.

Use of Pandora in these settings is available only via hardware sold by Mood Media. To learn more or sign up, click here.

I hope this information is helpful. Happy listening! :pandora:

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (04.29.24)