cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best subscription for two people

Cbhats
Local Performer

Is there an subscription option that would allow 2 users to use at once?

My wife and I need to use it at the same time and the only family option I see is for 6 people which we don’t need

any help would be appreciated 

ty

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Cbhats The Pandora Premium Family plan would still be your best option even with just two people.

This being said, both you and your wife would need to have separate accounts created (if you don't already) - you won't be able to sign into the same account on both of your devices to stream simultaneously.

With Pandora Premium Family, you'll get all the benefits of Premium for up to six family members at one low price. Each of your family members will get full access to Premium features, but they'll have their own account. (In other words, you won't have to share your music unless you want to.)

That means that all six family members will be able to:

• Listen to what you want, when you want
  • Create radio stations or custom playlists
  • Enjoy podcasts
  • Download music for offline listening
  • Skip or replay songs whenever
  • Listen to higher quality audio, uninterrupted by ads

You'll also get exclusive access to "Our Soundtrack," a regularly-updated playlist created just for your family that combines each person’s unique musical tastes.

Our Premium Family plan is $14.99 a month or $164.89 annually. Taxes may also apply depending on local tax laws in your area.

To see if you're eligible for a trial or if you're ready to subscribe, check out the Pandora website for more details about Premium Family. Please note you must be at least 21 years of age to purchase this subscription and be the primary account holder.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

10 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Cbhats The Pandora Premium Family plan would still be your best option even with just two people.

This being said, both you and your wife would need to have separate accounts created (if you don't already) - you won't be able to sign into the same account on both of your devices to stream simultaneously.

With Pandora Premium Family, you'll get all the benefits of Premium for up to six family members at one low price. Each of your family members will get full access to Premium features, but they'll have their own account. (In other words, you won't have to share your music unless you want to.)

That means that all six family members will be able to:

• Listen to what you want, when you want
  • Create radio stations or custom playlists
  • Enjoy podcasts
  • Download music for offline listening
  • Skip or replay songs whenever
  • Listen to higher quality audio, uninterrupted by ads

You'll also get exclusive access to "Our Soundtrack," a regularly-updated playlist created just for your family that combines each person’s unique musical tastes.

Our Premium Family plan is $14.99 a month or $164.89 annually. Taxes may also apply depending on local tax laws in your area.

To see if you're eligible for a trial or if you're ready to subscribe, check out the Pandora website for more details about Premium Family. Please note you must be at least 21 years of age to purchase this subscription and be the primary account holder.

Hope this helps!

Cbhats
Local Performer

Thanks for the response 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Always happy to help, @Cbhats😁

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

JOEBOYLE
Local Performer

Hello, looking for a plain that my Lady and I can share together, listen at the same time, save a playlist, enjoy different songs, at the same time in different area all day long 24/7. That I will take care of the bill and payments. Can you help?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JOEBOYLE I moved your post over to this existing thread: Best subscription for two people

Check out the accepted solution for more information around this.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

MSmith2390
Local Performer

Sorry, I'm a little unclear on this. Are you saying we would need to each pay the $14.99/mo. in order for us (my wife and I) to listen on separate devices simultaneously?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MSmith2390 No - only one of you would need to pay that rate for the Premium Family plan.

However, the both of you will need to have your own Pandora accounts registered under different email addresses.

For example if you were to upgrade your Pandora account to the Premium Family plan, you would then be able to send an invitation to your wife's email address so that she can join the plan as well.

When she accepts the invitation, the both of you would be able to listen simultaneously on your separate devices as long as you are both logged into your separate accounts.

Hope this helps clarify. 

0 Kudos

gstaszak
Local Performer

I want to listen at work & my wife at home. There is only 2 of us. A Family subscription is for 6 users & its triple the price. Is there another option? I realize we each could have a subscription which would double the cost but we use Alexa and changing accounts all the time is not realistic.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@gstaszak I moved your post over to this existing thread: Best subscription for two people

The Premium Family plan would still be the best option for you in the case if you were both looking to utilize the benefits of Pandora Premium.

Check out the accepted solution for more information around this.

If you'd like to see an additional subscription tier added for 2 people, I recommend creating a new thread in our Ideas space.

This will give others around the community a chance to upvote your idea if it's something they'd like to see added to the service as well.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

parra2002
Local Performer

Hi @gstaszak - I'm with you. It's just my wife and I and we don't really care for the family plan or premium options, I have the Pandora Plus and that's perfect for me. I know Spotify has this option and maybe Pandora will soon have it. I'm a big Pandora fan except for the price of the options.

0 Kudos