cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing subscription ownership for Premium Family

lschafroth
Opening Act

I am the primary account holder and we have the premium family subscription. Pandora is terrible for me and never plays anything I want so I want to cancel the family account but my wife needs to retain her subscription. How do I cancel my subscription without her losing hers? I assume I need to transfer the account ownership to her then downgrade the subscription?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@lschafroth Unfortunately, there isn't a way to transfer subscription ownership between accounts.

What you will need to do is:

• Cancel your subscription to prevent it from renewing moving forward
  • Remove your wife from your plan so that account reverts back to the free service
  • Have her sign up for a new subscription directly through our website

If you need any assistance with this, please let me know and I'll be happy to put you in touch with someone from our support team.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

0 Kudos

lschafroth
Opening Act

So if her account reverts back to a standard will she lose her thumbs, stations and custom configuration?
THis is what I am trying to avoid at all costs.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@lschafroth None of her thumbs/stations/preferences will be lost as a result of this.

When she downgrades back to the free service, she will not be able to access her on-demand music collection or custom playlists. However, her collection and playback history will be stored in our servers for when she returns to Premium.

In the meantime, she will still have access to all the stations she has created and any podcasts she has added to her account including all Thumb feedback and added variety.

Hope this helps clarify!

0 Kudos