cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged $9.99 instead of $5.99

Tracard163
Local Performer

Hello. When I first subscribed to Pandora it was with the $5.99/month deal (the offer was made while I was listening as a non-member). It said if I were to subscribe during that 15-second period I would only pay $5.99 month. My first bill (auto-pay) was $9.99 and the same price ever since. What happened to paying only $5.99 for a subscription?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

TannerPandora

Hi @Tracard163 Thanks for posting and sorry for any confusion. 

Do you know where you saw the price for $5.99 a month? If you are able to take a photo or screenshot of the ad and send it over that would be great. 

In the meantime, I took a look at your account and I see that you are billed through Google Play. Keep in mind, subscriptions through Google Play are billed monthly only, while Pandora Plus is $4.99/ month and Pandora Premium is $9.99/ month. 

I checked your Pandora account and see that on 11/9/2019 it was upgraded to a 30-day trial of Pandora Premium. When the trial ended on 12/9/2019, the account was automatically transitioned into an actual subscription of Pandora Premium billed via Google Play.  

If you'd like to downgrade the subscription from Pandora Premium to Pandora Plus, you'll first need to cancel the current subscription, wait until it expires and then resubscribe to Plus.

To learn more about the difference between Pandora Plus and Premium, click here.

++

If you're ready to downgrade now, you can manage the subscription through Google Play directly on your Android device. 

1. Launch the Google Play Store app.
  2. Tap the menu icon at the top left of the screen (3 horizontal lines), then My account, where you can add or modify payment methods.
  3. Find Pandora under Subscriptions. You'll see your next renewal date, and can tap Cancel to disable auto-renewal.

Once your current subscription ends, and you begin to hear ads again, you'll then be able to resubscribe. 

Hope this helps to explain. Thanks for being part of community. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos