cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirm subscription issues on android

StealthGamer247
Underground

Hello,

I have recently upgraded to pandora plus, but hadn't realized that did not come with on demand music so I attempted to upgrade even further to pandora premium.

In doing so, it pinged my card twice and I don't see any change (it even still says "upgrade to premium" in my account information). I loaded the google webpage for google play subscriptions and it shows Pandora Premium, but also shows "Confirm subscription" - " open this app to confirm your subscription before January 29, 2023. unconfirmed subscriptions will be automatically canceled.

So I restart my phone, open the pandora app, and nothing. I try to "retrieve subscription" and I get "You're currently subscribed to Pandora Plus via Google Play. Go to your Pandora Android app to get Pandora Premium"...... I AM USING THE ANDROID APP.

If it wasn't for the fact that I have been using Pandora for YEARS, with this much difficulty simply trying to listen to on demand music I would have gone to spotify already.

Dev team or whoever deals with this please fix this issue.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
14 Replies

StealthGamer247
Underground

It finally went through asking if I wanted to link the purchased subscription to this account. Issue resolved.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@StealthGamer247 Glad to hear things are back up and running again.

If this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know.

Thanks for listening!

0 Kudos

kareebear
Local Performer

it wants me to verify my card and I went into Google pay n it verify but still wount accept it for payment still says to verify....I just want to put a card number in and be able to upgrade..why is it so difficult to do that??

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kareebear It looks like the Pandora subscription on your account has already expired.

You can only access and edit your payment info if you have an active subscription. You will be able to provide your new payment information when you upgrade your account again from the Pandora website.

Next, confirm you are logged in with the correct email address. Then, choose your subscription and update your credit card information on the Upgrade page. Please note that any applicable Tax will show in the Order Summary box.

I hope this is helpful. 

0 Kudos

GoofyMike
Local Performer

I too am having the same issue of the upgrade not reflecting on the app. Upgrade done thru iTunes, but currently use an android 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@GoofyMike Could you confirm that you are logged into your upgraded account on your device?

Sometimes, it may help to sign out of Pandora, and then sign back in using the email address associated with your upgraded account.

If you are still seeing ads after confirming you are logged in with the correct address, can you tell me a bit more about the advertising you are seeing?

Is it for a specific brand or artist? Are you hearing them while listening to podcasts?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

SaltNLight
Local Performer

I'm having the exact same issue right now, and cannot see anywhere on this thread where this was resolved.

I'll just need to call customer service or something, or change my card details. I'm sure when they stop getting my money they'll finally care about fixing the issue. 

0 Kudos

StealthGamer247
Underground

If you have paid to upgrade to premium, mine took a little while to take effect before it prompted me to link the paid subscription. It was super frustrating, but did end up resolving itself. I'd say at most it took a couple hours.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SaltNLight I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

SweetEli1090
Local Performer

I am, also, having the same issue with my upgrade from Plus to Premium I have signed out of Pandora and uninstalled and reinstalled but still it still shows on Google Play that I have Premium subscription and need to confirm plan but Pandora keeps showing I have to go to Google App. I just chose to upgrade and get tripod of my Amazon music. ☹️

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SweetEli1090 I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

WK
Local Performer

Why is there a limit ?

0 Kudos

JokerDaWkd
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue how did u get it fixed?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JokerDaWkd I'd be happy to help with any questions you have, but I will need additional information to do so.

Can you explain your issue a bit further? The more details you're able to provide, the better equipped I'll be to help.

I look forward to hearing back.

0 Kudos