cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many can listen at once on Family Plan?

drm626
Local Performer

Can the Premium Family Plan allow my wife and I to be able to listen to different stations in different rooms at the same time? or does adding other people to my account still mean that only one person can listen at a time?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@drm626 Yes - however the both of you will need separate Pandora accounts registered under different email addresses in order for this to work.

Upgrading to the Family Plan means that you and up to five other accounts can enjoy all of the benefits of Pandora Premium, while keeping your individual Pandora accounts.

You will first need to set up separate Pandora accounts using different email addresses for each family member that wants to join the subscription.

Once those accounts are created (if they aren't yet already), you can then send them an invitation to join your family plan subscription.

More information on the family plan can be found here.

Thanks for being a part of the community! 🎶

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@drm626 Yes - however the both of you will need separate Pandora accounts registered under different email addresses in order for this to work.

Upgrading to the Family Plan means that you and up to five other accounts can enjoy all of the benefits of Pandora Premium, while keeping your individual Pandora accounts.

You will first need to set up separate Pandora accounts using different email addresses for each family member that wants to join the subscription.

Once those accounts are created (if they aren't yet already), you can then send them an invitation to join your family plan subscription.

More information on the family plan can be found here.

Thanks for being a part of the community! 🎶

0 Kudos

lizztoma
Local Performer

so does this mean that other family members can listen to different stations at the same time? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@lizztoma As long as each family member is signed into their own separate Pandora accounts on their devices, they'll be able to listen to different stations at the same time.

Hope this helps clarify. 

0 Kudos

3peas
Local Performer

I'm looking to upgrade but I have this same question, a family plan should allow more than one listener , 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@3peas Nice to see you around the Community.

More information on the family plan can be found here.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Skipperroo
Underground

Hi Adam,

For the 6 accounts,  will each one have to pay or are 6 different family members getting it for basically 2.50 a month ? Am I missing something? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Skipperroo No - only one person will actually need to upgrade and pay for the subscription. Whoever that person is will be the "parent" account and then will be responsible for sending out the invitations to the 5 other family members.

Hope this helps clarify.

Skipperroo
Underground

Thanks, That's a great deal !

Skipperroo
Underground

One other question I forgot to ask... Is there a limit of different devices an user can use ? After they are in the family plan and want it on another devise, do they use my password or theirs? Thanks !

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Skipperroo Each person will need to first create their own Pandora account (using their own email address/password) before they can join your plan.

Once their accounts are created, they can sign into whatever devices they want to stream Pandora on (using the email address/password associated with the Pandora account they created).

If you run into any issues adding anyone to your plan, you can always get in touch with our support team directly for assistance here.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

Skipperroo
Underground

Thanks Again !!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Always happy to help, @Skipperroo. 🤝

0 Kudos

piilani61
Local Performer

Hi

I just learned that with the family plan, you cannot have two members of the family listening to their own account.  Is there any plan that allows this?

Thanks so much!!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@piilani61 I moved your post over to this existing thread: How many can listen at once on Family Plan?

That actually isn't true -upgrading to the Family Plan means that you and up to five other accounts can enjoy all of the benefits of Pandora Premium, while keeping your individual Pandora accounts.

So as long as each person is logged into their own accounts, you will all be able to listen simultaneously on your devices.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos