cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price Increase on Apple for Pandora Plus

Benthelawyer
Local Performer

I’ve been a BIG fan of Pandora for many years, owing in large part to the variety of tracks in curated playlists…a feature that wasn’t offered a lkng time ago. Now that the price of Pandora Plus is going up from $5 to $6 a month, I will have to cancel my subscription. I know that a $1 difference is y all that much, but truthfully, when EVERYONE else is raising their rates, it’s time to start cutting off subscriptions. Five dollars was a tolerable monthly amount, but now that YouTube Music and Prime Music offer similar, if not better services, adios Pandora Plus. 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update - 08/03/23:

Hi, everyone!

We were fortunate to have been able to keep the price of Pandora Plus consistent, despite the steady increase in music licensing costs. When we raised the cost to $5.99/month (USD) when upgrading through Apple and Google Play, it was a reflection of the fact that music licensing is one of the most expensive aspects of providing the service, and we're always working to balance these costs in a way that does not interfere with the listening experience.

I've noted your feedback about the affordability of Pandora for our subscriptions team. It means a lot that you care enough to speak up.

If you have any additional questions or feedback, you will need to contact our support team directly for further assistance here.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update - 08/03/23:

Hi, everyone!

We were fortunate to have been able to keep the price of Pandora Plus consistent, despite the steady increase in music licensing costs. When we raised the cost to $5.99/month (USD) when upgrading through Apple and Google Play, it was a reflection of the fact that music licensing is one of the most expensive aspects of providing the service, and we're always working to balance these costs in a way that does not interfere with the listening experience.

I've noted your feedback about the affordability of Pandora for our subscriptions team. It means a lot that you care enough to speak up.

If you have any additional questions or feedback, you will need to contact our support team directly for further assistance here.

0 Kudos

AdderallBuyer
Local Performer

Yeah just cancelled mine after receiving the notification. I get apple music for free so I guess its time to start liking it. So, back to downloading MP3s too.

Benthelawyer
Local Performer

Hello Adam, and thank you for replying to my comment. While I understand that Pandora's license and distribution costs have gone up, I am just sick and tired of hearing large corporations seeking the sympathy vote. If Pandora can survive by making a little less money, as I'm sure your CEO will remain silent on this topic, then make less and give me a reason to stay with you guys when there are plenty of more affordable options out there. A decade ago, Pandora was more relevant and offered some bright spots in the streaming industry. Now, it's getting too much to afford Pandora on top of all the other ridiculous and nonsensical apps we use. Also, explain the jump in price between Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium, which seeks $13 per month...that's in paid Apple Music territory there, Adam....as well as Amazon Prime music.....and Spotify.....and YouTube Premium (which includes YouTube Music)...and Deezer.....amd Tidal. See my point?