cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Now Pauses When Running Citrix

Svetlana727
Local Performer

Hey Pandora team!

So I’ve been running Citrix Remote Desktop with Pandora running in the background for years on my iPad.  Working with some music, nice.  All of a sudden the other day, opening Citrix started to pause Pandora.  I’ve restarted the device, then reinstalled Pandora.  That worked to correct the problem so I thought, but the issue has returned.  Worse yet, it seems to sometimes work and sometimes not work. Frustrating.  Any ideas?  

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Svetlana727
Local Performer

Self-solved?  After reading a separate thread where apps competing for audio may interfere with Pandora operation, I muted the computer being accessed remotely in Citrix and the problem appears to be resolved.  The issue may have been caused by my remote access PC being replaced recently and the sound settings on the new PC being different (ex. speakers on vs. off).  

And quick follow up, this did not work permanently.  Pandora is randomly pausing while iPad is in Citrix, but working ok in background of other apps such as Safari as it should.  Please help.

mod edit: format
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Svetlana727. 👋

Thanks for letting us know about your experience.

As you may already know, the sound settings of each app are set by the needs of the app and cannot be altered. So, if you are playing a game or using an app that requires sound, the audio from Pandora may pause. It's not possible for us to override the sound settings, or any other functions of another app.

++

It sounds like Pandora worked previously but has stopped recently. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos