cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Offline Mode not working on Apple Watch

RoyalFlush67
Opening Act

Recently upgraded to Pandora Plus to use when running with my Apple Watch, so that I would have offline stations when I lose my cellular signal while running.  The offline stations play fine, but the Automatic Offline Mode is not working.  I want to play stations over cellular, but have my watch switch to offline mode automatically when I lose a signal while running when can happen on some trails.  The station just quits playing when I lose my signal and if I switch to the app on my Apple Watch I get a message that the connection was lost.  Since I'm running, manually switching to an offline station is not an option.  I do not run with my iPhone.  Per Pandora Help, the switch should be automatic.  Does this work with the Apple Watch?

Automatic Offline Mode (from Pandora help)

If you lose your Wi-Fi and cell network connection, we'll automatically switch you to Offline Mode. When this happens, Pandora will alert you with a notification to let you know that we are switching you to offline listening and choose a station for you to listen to.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @RoyalFlush67. 👋

Looks like you're sharing the info from this help page article: Automatic Offline Download 

Here's more information about how offline mode works for your Apple Watch: Pandora on Apple Watch 

++

In the meantime, going offline automatically isn't a feature of Pandora on your Apple Watch. However, it will go offline automatically on your mobile device. If you'd like to see this option implemented, I would recommend creating a feature request for "Automatic Offline Mode for Apple Watch" here. Other listeners would probably be interested in this option when losing connectivity while working out too. I'll keep an eye out for your request so that I can upvote it as I have an Apple Watch as well.

Thanks so much for posting on the Pandora Community! :pandora:

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos