cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Data Usage

SterlingArcher
Local Performer

I'm also having the same issue. I used Pandora in my car 3 times for about 15 minutes each and it used 4GB!

I have the latest version. I do not download offline stations. I have the "high quality audio" setting turned off. 

When using CarPlay, Apple doesn't make you open the Pandora app on the actual iPhone. It appears on the screen of my vehicle and can be launched there. The only thing I can think of is that CarPlay keeps Pandora open in the background (even though the app is not open on my phone when I disconnect it from the car). 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @SterlingArcher. 👋

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. Based on your message, it sounds like you're using an iOS device. I moved your post over to the iOS section to keep the community space organized.

If you haven't already, I would recommend trying out these steps  to see if it helps.

++

If you still have trouble, could you please provide the following info so that I can share this with engineering?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Could you also share a screenshot 📸 of your data usage in your Settings? 
    • Go to Settings > Cellular > Scroll down to Pandora under Cellular Data

I look forward to hearing back! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

SterlingArcher
Local Performer

The recommended steps did not solve the problem.

Device = iPhone XR

Carrier = Verizon

IOS version = 13.6.1

Pandora version = 2008.1

Connection = cellular

Screenshot = my data reset for the month so it doesn’t show any usage yet. This should not prevent you from looking into this issue 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SterlingArcher Thanks so much for providing this information. I've gone ahead and shared it with our engineering team on your behalf. 

Appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

GaryinVT
Local Performer

In the last few months I have noticed extremely large data usage statistics when using my iPhone in my Subaru outback which has a Pandora interface. In the course of two minutes my phone has registered about 40 MB of cellular data usage.   Other short periods of usage have registered as much as 80 MB. I use Xfinity for cellular.

0 Kudos