cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to download more songs for Offline Stations?

armandhammer
Underground

Premium user. How can I download more songs for Offline Stations? It seems to download only about 40 per station. Since I'm often offline for 3-4 days at a time and listen to music for 8-10 hours a day, I would like to download 200+ songs per station. Yeah I could add more stations, but that's tedious and there would be lots of overlap (duplicated songs) so that's not an ideal solution. I feel like this should be possible right? 40 songs is only about 2.5 hours of listening time.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @armandhammer. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space.

To prevent your stations from becoming too repetitive, we periodically refresh your offline stations based on your online listening habits and the Thumb feedback you give. Each offline station that is downloaded will provide approximately 3 hours of music for you to enjoy. Since you have Premium, it may be helpful to download additional stations, playlists, and albums to keep the music going while you're offline.  

If you'd like to see an increase of tunes per offline station, I would recommend creating a feature suggestion here. I'm sure other listeners would be interested in this option as well.  

While listening offline, it's important to continue giving feedback in the form of Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down. The next time you connect to Pandora through Wi-Fi or a mobile network, we will use that info to personalize and replace the offline tracks with new ones.

I hope this information helps clarify. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @armandhammer. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space.

To prevent your stations from becoming too repetitive, we periodically refresh your offline stations based on your online listening habits and the Thumb feedback you give. Each offline station that is downloaded will provide approximately 3 hours of music for you to enjoy. Since you have Premium, it may be helpful to download additional stations, playlists, and albums to keep the music going while you're offline.  

If you'd like to see an increase of tunes per offline station, I would recommend creating a feature suggestion here. I'm sure other listeners would be interested in this option as well.  

While listening offline, it's important to continue giving feedback in the form of Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down. The next time you connect to Pandora through Wi-Fi or a mobile network, we will use that info to personalize and replace the offline tracks with new ones.

I hope this information helps clarify. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

mamarachelle
Local Performer

What about plus users? How can I download songs for offline listening?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @mamarachelle. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this.

For Pandora Plus subscribers, we will automatically choose up to three of your most-listened-to stations along with Thumbprint Radio and add them to your offline listening stations. Pandora Premium subscribers, on the other hand, can choose which additional stations, albums, songs, or playlists are downloaded.

At this time, Pandora Plus listeners cannot add, delete or swap out which stations will be available for offline listening. We know this is a feature a lot of our listeners would enjoy, so I'll pass this idea onto our product team to consider. 

In the meantime, if you're wanting to have other offline stations available to you, try listening to those other stations more (ones that are currently not on your Offline station list). Since we periodically refresh the stations that are available to you offline (based on your listening habits), we may surprise you with adding them to your list! 

Alternatively, you may consider upgrading to Pandora Premium which allows subscribers to download any station, playlist, album or song in their collection for offline listening. 🎧

0 Kudos