cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline Mode on iPhone

LDPrichard
Local Performer

For whatever reason, I had quite a few offline stations.  Which I rarely used.   I am using an iPhone 6+ (yes, a little old, in iPhone-age, but still quite serviceable. 

But now, I need to use them,  my Offline Channels  Mainly, I need to use the Spa channel.  Long story short, I have HORRID tinnitus and the loud ringing in my ears is enough to wake the dead.  My Spa channel has countless recordings of rain and ocean waves.  Tinnitus conquered and peaceful sleep restored.   

But --  the Spa channel recordings in Offline Mode were only about 10 and they weren't the best.  I couldn't find a way to refresh or update them.   Stupidly, I turned my Offline Mode off.  Which had the net effect of erasing ALL of my Offline channels.  

So I turned it back on, and it told me that it was downloading my top 4 channels -- 3 channels and thumbprint.    

Well, it downloaded TWO and thumbprint -- and Spa (even though it is one of the top channels used)  --- was not downloaded.  It downloaded my 90s hits and Buena Vista Social Club channel.  Neither of which helps. 

So, with nothing to lose, I turned Offline Mode off again, which again had the net effect of deleting all the offline stations.  Turned it back on, and it tells me that it is downloading 4 stations, just like before.  

Only this time, only ONE station and thumbprint were downloaded --- 90s pop and thumbprint.  Again, still not helpful.  We're going backwards. 

Pandora's "help" is anything but.  For the love of God, somebody please help me!  I don't mind running this on Wifi all night if I have to, but I'd rather not.   It plays things that are not suitable, and that wakes me up.   It defeats the purpose of having pre-selected things that serve a specific purpose.  Plus, I travel a lot, and offline mode is really good for when I'm trying to sleep on an airplane. 

Thanks in advance for your help. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @LDPrichard. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your offline tunes. I completely understand where you're coming from.

Changing Offline Stations with Plus:

At this time, Pandora Plus listeners cannot add, delete or swap out which stations will be available for offline listening. We know this is a feature a lot of our listeners would enjoy, and there's an existing feature request for this in the community space: Choose your Own Offline Stations 

In the meantime, if you're wanting to have other offline stations available to you, try listening to those other stations more (ones that are currently not on your Offline station list). Since we periodically refresh the stations that are available to you offline (based on your listening habits), we may surprise you with adding them to your list!

To prevent your offline stations from becoming too repetitive, we periodically refresh your offline stations based on your online listening habits and the Thumb feedback you give. Each offline station that is downloaded will provide approximately 3 hours of music for you to enjoy. Something else to keep in mind, Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage, so we will only download as much as we can before we hit that limit.

++

Disabling / Re-enabling Offline Mode:

When you disable the offline listening feature and then re-enable it, this actually will reset the download process for your offline stations.

++

Your Most Listened to Stations:

Would you consider Spa Radio one of your most listened to stations (not in Offline Mode)?

If so, I can report this information to our engineering team if the app isn't downloading your most listened to stations.

I look forward to hearing back! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

LDPrichard
Local Performer

Thank you for reaching out. But honestly, you are making my point for me when I commented that Pandora's "help" isn't helpful. 

Did you not even read my post completely? Or did you stop when you saw what my service level was and decide to use that to put the burden back on me? 

Did you even see at all where I said that the Pandora app is TELLING me that it is downloading FOUR stations (3 and Thumbprint = 4) but yet is downloading only TWO (one station + thumbprint)?  Did you pay ANY attention to the details? Or did you just stop at my service level and decide to put it all back on me? 

YES, for crying out loud, YES, the "Spa" channel is one of my most used.  Did you not even read where I said that it is the only way I can sleep? 

Did you READ MY POST at all? Any of it?  Yes, I have disabled the Offline Mode TWICE -- and each time, it gets worse. 

You, for all your bubbliness and good intentions, are making my point for me about Pandora's help being helpless.  You added absolutely zero of value to this conversation.  The mere fact that you have to ask me "if Spa is a most frequently used station" tells me CLEARLY that you didn't read in detail.  

Read it again.  If you want to help, do.  If you can't help, don't pretend.  I'm really so done at this point, I'm about an inch away from cancelling Pandora and moving to Spotify.  Seriously. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LDPrichardI've enabled a trace on your Pandora account to share with our engineering team. 

For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps here.

Please provide the following information so that I can report this to our engineering team on your behalf:

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Thanks.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos