cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Songs Speed Up / Slow Down with Bluetooth Device

cmalcom
Local Performer

Songs speed up then slow down like a broken record player Lately my music will speed and slow as if it were being played on a record player or something.  It doesn't cut out, but will slow to like 3/4 speed and then next second its up to 1.25 speed or something like that... its weird.  I would expect it to cut out if the bandwidth was low.  Having said that....

IPhone 11pro
Connection good so should be totally fine.
Latest update installed.

Any idea whats going on?

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
44 Replies

WilburC
Local Performer

So i have been having this problem of songs speeding up and slowing down for a year or so. It is on wifi or cellular while connected to bluetooth. It is typically worse when my phone gets farther away from the speaker but also happens when I have my bluetooth headphones on and phone in pocket. It has happened on several versions of iOS and pandora versions. It must be built in buffering when signal gets low but it is annoying and embarrassing. It also does not happen on other streaming platforms.
iPhone SE version 15.6.1

pandora version 2301.1

verizon

no error messages.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@WilburC Thanks for providing that info.

I've passed this along to the appropriate parties for further investigation. We'll follow up with you if we need any additional details.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

mray977
Local Performer

Has any fix been found? Looks like this has been going on for years. 

Mine is slowing down I have Iphone 14 Pro Max everything is up to date and did all the troubleshooting steps with no changes. 

I am playing through Bluetooth to my truck stereo it is a pioneer. 

0 Kudos

Kiley_Jo
Local Performer

This happened to me I think for the first time today. I just got Worktunes Bluetooth headphones and was using those. I’ve used them one time previously while mowing (listening to pandora) using just AA batteries in them. Worked great the whole time.
Today I used the rechargeable lithium battery in them you can buy from Amazon for them. I charged it all night and it was fully charged. I was thinking that that battery may be bad but then I switched to fm radio and Spotify and no issues at all with that battery while using my Bluetooth. So now I know it’s not a battery issue… it’s a pandora issue. Repairing shouldn’t have anything to do with it as all other music streaming worked perfect. 
im now trying pandora again before turning my headphones off and so far so good. 
I hope it doesn’t happen again. My kids keep telling me to quit pandora and switch to Spotify. 

ChevyPower1
Underground

The issue seems to have fixed itself on my end. I went through the recommended troubleshooting steps some time back and all good now. I use a variety of hearing devices. Wired earbuds, and Bluetooth earbuds. Different brands, some are upper quality and some are lower quality. 

0 Kudos