cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't Play on Cellular with iPhone + Apple Watch

leoo
Underground

Hello, 

This is also happening to me when attempting to play to the Watch both connected to Wi-Fi and Cellular. I am able to play to Phone from the Apple Watch. What specifically is happening to me is after I select Playing from... then Watch, I then go to Recently Played or Stations, select anything and the controls open then immediately goes to a black screen with only the apple loading circle of dots and Cancel in the top left where the Cancel and buttons will not respond and then about 10 seconds later the Apple Watch completely restarts.

• Device & Generation: Apple Watch 6 with Apple Watch OS 7.0 & iPhone XR with iOS 14.0
  • Carrier: T-Mobile
  • iOS version: 14.0
  • Pandora version: 2009.1

Thanks,

Leo

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @leoo. 👋

Thanks so much for sharing those details, and sorry for the continued trouble.

I moved your post over to a separate thread as this includes your Apple Watch device as well.

Have you received any error messages when this happens? 

In the meantime, I'm reporting this over to our engineering team so that they can start looking into this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
0 Kudos

leoo
Underground

Thanks Alyssa. No, I do not see any errors on either device. To clarify, the restart is only occurring on the Apple Watch and does not occur on the iPhone. When on the Apple Watch, I can play fine to the iPhone but if I attempt to play directly to the Apple Watch, the restart of the Apple Watch occurs. In addition, the restart of the Apple Watch does not appear to be a full restart as I am not prompted to enter my passcode as I would be if I did a restart using the Apple Watch controls.

Thanks,

Leo

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@leoo Appreciate you taking the time to report these connection issues on your Apple Watch during your listening sessions. 

I've gone ahead and shared all of the pertinent information you've provided with our iOS engineers on an internal ticket. If you notice anything else, please post on this thread.

Thanks so much for your patience while they investigate. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
0 Kudos

leoo
Underground

Sounds good @AlyssaPandora; I will definitely update again if there is anything else I can think of that would be helpful. I appreciate you quickly addressing this.

Thanks,

Leo