cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Won’t play with cellular data

Gretchenweber2
Local Performer

I got a new iPhone 13Pro and now I have this issue.  My pandora won’t play while on cellular data (just buffers), only on Wi-Fi. I’ve tried restarting phone, re-installing app, and ensuring all cellular options are on in settings.  What can I do?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Gretchenweber2 To clarify, are you only experiencing this issue with Pandora?

Have you tried streaming other apps such as YouTube?

If not, please try launching the YouTube app and let me know if you experience similar issues there as well.

Thanks for your patience.

0 Kudos

Gretchenweber2
Local Performer

It was only happening with pandora… podcasts were good.  It happened again with pandora but this time I turned on airplane mode, then turned it off. Pandora began to work on cellular data for me. Thank you for the reply.  

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Gretchenweber2 Glad to hear things are back up and running again.

If this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know.

Thanks for listening!

0 Kudos

stafsholt
Local Performer

I have Pandora Plus. When I use my iPhone 14 the online mode works well with wifi. Even with a perfect cell signal in my home, I get switched to offline mode. How do I set up to receive Pandora in online mode with a strong cell signal. It is not working now at all.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@stafsholt To clarify, does the app automatically switch to Offline Mode whenever you are off of WiFi and using cellular data?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

stafsholt
Local Performer

Yes.
I tested this in my home with a perfect cell signal.
Using wifi everything works properly.
Shut off wifi and Pandora automatically switches to offline mode (4 signal bars and 5G status on phone).

BTW: Sirius XM performs fine under the same conditions (cell signal only no wifi).

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Info

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@stafsholt Thanks for following up.

I moved your post over to this existing thread: iOS: Won’t play with cellular data

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for iOS Devices

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos